Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Russell: My People Have a Short Trip to Watch Diaz 'Massacre'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Russell: My People Have a Short Trip to Watch Diaz 'Massacre'

Gary Russell Jr. is confident his fight against Joseph Diaz Jr. will be as easy as his fans’ commute to witness it. Russell will defend his WBC featherweight title against Diaz on May 19 at MGM National Harbor in Oxon Hill, Maryland. That venue is a short drive from Russell’s hometown of Capitol Heights, Maryland.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lol I guess he means family and friends cuz this part timer has no fans cuz he never fights. Would be so funny if he is the one who gets destroyed. I could see GRJ winning easy if he was actually active but fighting once every year (if that) does him no favors at all. Gonna lean with a split decision for the more active Diaz .

Comment

Russel jr will soon be humbled, cant wait. And The New!

Comment

Just a little advice to Mr. Russell Jr. Don’t go into this fight overly confident and make sure your conditioning is peak. The guy you are fighting knocked out (3) opponents with a body shot.Unfortunately Gary, you head hunt a lot, leaving your body open.

Comment

How long can a fighter who fights so infrequently stay at the top level? His career is a shame. He is a fun fighter to watch but his heart is not in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
            How long can a fighter who fights so infrequently stay at the top level? His career is a shame. He is a fun fighter to watch but his heart is not in the game.
            He's been pretty consistent about retiring at 30, so hopefully we won't have to hear any more about him after June

Comment

GREAT SCRAP! cant wait!!!!!!

Comment

If Diaz with stands the early rounds and is technically tight with his defense he has a good shot to upset Gary Russell Jr.

This is like a 55/45 fight that I would favor Russell Jr. slightly based solely on experience. But Jo Jo Diaz will be in my opinion the toughest fight for Gary Russell since he fought Loma.

Comment

Living in the DMV and following GRJ since he was an amateur, I'd have to agree he doesn't really have a large hometown fanbase. It's unfortunate that he's not more active or doesn't take on more professional challenges because I think he's a skilled and entertaining fighter.

On paper he should win this one because he's the more skilled and atheltic fighter. Diaz brings it and every time I see him fight, he seems more and more impressive.

Comment

Russell has been talking A LOT of smack in this build up.

Time to see if he can walk the walk

Comment

Working...
                    X