It always happens in 3's. First Craig Mack. Then Stephen Hawkings. Now this

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R.I.P Geoffrey the Giraffe

Comment

R. I. P. Toys R Us. I always felt Toys R Us was overpriced so this isn't too big of a surprise this is happening. I preferred Kay Bee Toys as a kid... sadly they went under in like 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
        The internet killed circuit city, toys r us, etc.
        the next casualties will be RadioShack and Best Buy.
        It’s hard for brick and mortars to compete.
        Eventually I think consumers will miss being able to go and see the product in stores
        Im pretty sure Radioshack is already chopped. Toys R Us could've avoided this however, it seems like they went into serious debt back in 2005 before Amazon was even a player.

Comment

They're closing in the UK too. It's the latest in a long line of major high street chains to be closing doors. Is it any surprise when you can get almost anything cheaper online?

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718;18574228[B
            ]If any monopoly needs to be busted up it is probably Walmart. [/B]
            They have put tons of small businesses across the commercial spectrum out of business.
            They pay their workers crap wages with minimum benefits
            Not to mention they sell a ton of trash from China
            if Amazon starts really hurting Walmart's business it'll be fun to watch, it would take a long time for Amazon to force them into bankruptcy, Walmart is one of the most profitable companies in America, when everyone else was losing money they made record profits

Originally posted by JimRaynor View Post
            Im pretty sure Radioshack is already chopped. Toys R Us could've avoided this however, it seems like they went into serious debt back in 2005 before Amazon was even a player.
            Originally posted by Hitman Hodgson View Post
            They're closing in the UK too. It's the latest in a long line of major high street chains to be closing doors. Is it any surprise when you can get almost anything cheaper online?
            one by one, all the major chain stores are going under, Amazon is killing them. And if you want to but chinese, now we can buy from them directly through the internet too

Comment

Dollar Tree, Aldi, Save A Lot, etc are now killing Walmart at their own game.
              Other competitors are now coming into the Market. Not sure how it’s going to play out but I like Publix.
              They have a good workplace culture and customer experience. Plus they offer their employees excellent benefits.
              I can shop their and feel like I’m supporting a good company.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingTech718 View Post
                Dollar Tree, Aldi, Save A Lot, etc are now killing Walmart at their own game.
                Other competitors are now coming into the Market. Not sure how it’s going to play out but I like Publix.
                They have a good workplace culture and customer experience. Plus they offer their employees excellent benefits.
                I can shop their and feel like I’m supporting a good company.
                Walmart is trash now. If you live by a Target or Meijer there's really no reason to go to Walmart. Walmart ain't even cheap like or used to be.

One hundred cash registers only 2 people working them. Can't find help in any departments. And if you do find someone working the department they have no idea what's going on

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  Walmart is trash now. If you live by a Target or Meijer there's really no reason to go to Walmart. Walmart ain't even cheap like or used to be.

One hundred cash registers only 2 people working them. Can't find help in any departments. And if you do find someone working the department they have no idea what's going on.
                  Bingo.

I've noticed this at many of the big box home improvement stores as well. It's easier to do your own research, and get what you are looking for online. Unless there is a tool rep that happens to be at the store, good luck trying to get a question answered.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
                    Bingo.

I've noticed this at many of the big box home improvement stores as well. It's easier to do your own research, and get what you are looking for online. Unless there is a tool rep that happens to be at the store, good luck trying to get a question answered.
                    Best Buy still has some people that know what they're talking about. Micro Center hires people who know what they're talking about. That's where I go 90% of the time.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X