No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Burns Needs To Step Down, Face Domestic Foes

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Burns Needs To Step Down, Face Domestic Foes

Promoter Eddie Hearn is pleading with former world champion Ricky Burns to drop down in weight and face domestic opponents - and then move up in class to the world level after a few return victories. Burns struggled in his last three fights, fall behind and needing a later rally against Jose Gonzalez, suffering a broken jaw and going to a draw with Ray Beltran and losing a lopsided decision and the WBO lightweight crown to Terence Crawford.

[Click Here To Read More]

He's had three terrible fights in a row, very fortunate to remain a world champion for so long.... time to step back a level and regroup.

Comment

The Crawford bout was forced on him by the WBO (pressure from TR) too soon after his broken jaw injury.

He needs to get his confidence back, take on a Gavin Rees or Anthony Crolla and see how it goes.

Comment

Hearns is probably right, but I actually like Burns's chances against Vazquez. Vazquez already ducked him once though, so I'm not sure that fight can be made.

Comment

LOL Hearns want to feed Burns the same type of fighters he finds for Kell Brooke. Burns is to proud to fight them type of fighters. He actually needs a good win under his belts like Hearns said he has looked poor in his last 3 fights.
          Crolla is a European fighter at best and would be good win for Burns.

Comment

I can see where Hearn is coming from, but I don't think Ricky would have the motivation to fight any of the domestic guys because lets be honest he is levels above them.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
              The Crawford bout was forced on him by the WBO (pressure from TR) too soon after his broken jaw injury.

He needs to get his confidence back, take on a Gavin Rees or Anthony Crolla and see how it goes.
              Way too soon after that broken jaw, he didn't seem himself. But Burns Crolla would be a great fight!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
                Hearns is probably right, but I actually like Burns's chances against Vazquez. Vazquez already ducked him once though, so I'm not sure that fight can be made.
                you really don't know ssssshhhhitt about boxing if you think burns has a chance against Vazquez

Comment

Just goes to show you without the belt this guy is irrelevant

Comment

Originally posted by Wizardsh View Post
                    you really don't know ssssshhhhitt about boxing if you think burns has a chance against Vazquez
                    Now, now, no need to make it personal

Vazquez is a competent spoiler, nothing else. His best assets are his length and physical strengh, and Burns is a pretty tall and strong guy himself.

I'm not saying I'm 100% confident Burns would beat him, but the fight wouldn't be a foregone conclusion in Vazquez's favor.

Comment

Working...
                    X