Collapse
No announcement yet.

ITV set to show Khan vs Mallignaggi!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ITV set to show Khan vs Mallignaggi!!!

Not sure if this has been posted -

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/column...5875-22113217/

ITV look set to screen Amir Khan's US debut against Paulie Malignaggi at New York's Madison Square Garden.

The terrestrial broadcaster are favourites to agree a deal with Khan for his May 15 WBA light-welterweight title defence after talks with Sky Sports broke down.

Sky were keen to show Khan on pay-per-view as part of a trans-Atlantic double bill with Kevin Mitchell, who is fighting Michael Katsidis for the interim WBO lightweight crown the same night in London.

But it is understood that Khan was not keen on Sky's demand to pocket the proceeds from the first 40,000 viewers.

Khan, who has jetted out to America to begin training for the clash with Malignaggi, prefers ITV and he had a good relationship with them when they screened his fights earlier in his career.

He likes the idea of fighting in front of a wider audience on terrestrial TV rather than just a select band on Sky Box Office.

ITV feel the fight could be a ratings hit, even though it may not start until 1am UK time because of the five hour time difference with New York.

They may be able to negotiate with Khan and his US promoters Golden Boy to bring forward the ring time by an hour to start at midnight UK time.
    Hope this is true. If Khan vs Mallignaggi gets good ratings, ITV could potentially show more boxing in the future. This could be great for British Boxing.

I'd be shocked but it'd be cool.

Comment

jim rosenthal wll be ready haha

Comment

This would be pretty damn swell. I like ITV's boxing theme too:

(Ignore the video, it's the theme tune that rocks!)

I also hope Frank Warren puts Mitchell v Katsidis on ITV.
        Last edited by Targaryen; 03-15-2010, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JonoYoungP4P View Post
          jim rosenthal wll be ready haha
          Never mind Jim, the Duke will be back in business.

Comment

Originally posted by The Chosen View Post
            This would be pretty damn swell.

I also hope Frank Warren puts Mitchell v Katsidis on ITV.
            yeah, hat figth may happen at upton park

Comment

good move by khan this will improve his fan base, but i think frank warren should put the kavin mitchell fight on ITV aswell but i doubt he will the money grabbing swine lol. and i thought that they agreed to do the fight in australia? but i may be wrong on that.

Comment

Boxing belongs on terrestrial TV, PPV is the worst thing that ever happened to boxing.

Comment

Great news. Khan shouldn't be on PPV anyway

Comment

khan doesnt have a big enough fan base in th U.K to go to america and do PPV. khan has done this wisley, or oscar and GBP told him too. what he should have done is what hatton did- build up his fan base a little more and then go to america. but a good move by khan

Comment

Working...
                    X