Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Examples of boxers who disgraced they're fans and looked for a way out during fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Examples of boxers who disgraced they're fans and looked for a way out during fights?

Can you name some examples? I think the fighter that springs to everyones mind first is probably Bernard Hopkins due to his repetitive habit of doing this and s h i tting on his fans who paid hard earned money to watch him.

examples

- The first Chad Dawson fight - wrestled to the ground and then feigned a shoulder injury because he knew he was on the way to getting comprehensively outboxed

- Joe Calzaghe fight - was finding the pace of the fight too difficult to maintain and feigned a low blow, cowardly grimacing on the floor in embarrassing fashion, receiving a 5 minute rest at a critical time and hoping that corrupt ref Cortez would disqualify Calzaghe.

- Robert Allen fight - Not sure which one of the famous trilogy this was, think it might have been the 2nd fight where Hopkins dived out of the ring and then pretended to be injured to get the fight called off, really cringe-worthy stuff. Sure there will be some more examples of 'old school' Bernard as well but i'm sure you get the picture of the kind of stuff I'm looking for.

Now its your turn, give me examples of fighters who disgraced their own fans, robbed them out of they're hard earned money and cowardly looked for ways out during fights . . . . . .
    Last edited by Queen_Leia; 01-21-2013, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Kermit vs Paul Williams obviously.

Also, the MOST ridiculous quit job ever, imo. Golota vs Tyson. Lmaoooooooooo

Comment

Haha lol @ Kermit.

Poopkins also pulled theatrics in the RJJ rematch, TS.

Comment

Originally posted by boxingfan_123 View Post
          I forgot how funny that was, he wasn't fooling anyone with that dive. LOL

Comment

Cintron didn't just look for a way out, he literally dove the fck out.

Comment

Kermit Cintron has fans?

Comment

Dirrell v Abraham - Abraham was coming on strong looking for a KO, Dirrell didn't like the pressure he was under and when Abraham threw the punch Dirrell saw his way out. He looks up at the ref, brings his hands to his face and then decides that he has been KO'd.

Holyfield v Tyson 2 - Tyson was going to lose the fight and decides it's better to lose by DQ than a UD.

Comment

Cintron literally "took a dive!"...

As to the thread topic, I'd say Andrew Golota throwing blatant low blows in his fights with Bowe. Also in similar situation, Rios versus Peterson...

Comment

golota tyson :AOR:....

Comment

Working...
                    X