Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mayweather/Cotto PPV Buys over 2 million???? and $12 million dollar gate #5 all-time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
    F that *****,who the hell you think i am,i aint gonna believe anything till i see some sources.I don`t listen to no claims.
    That's fine, don't believe it I don't really care bro.

You can take that info or not. It means nothing to me what you think of that info.

Comment

• Originally posted by boxingfeind View Post
      F that *****,who the hell you think i am,i aint gonna believe anything till i see some sources.I don`t listen to no claims.
      That figure was reported by Fat Dan like jro said, and you're the first person I've seen question it. It is factual. Cotto is a big draw as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
        That figure was reported by Fat Dan like jro said, and you're the first person I've seen question it. It is factual. Cotto is a big draw as well.
        I did not see it so i`m not gonna believe nothing i did`nt see.And i know Cotto is a big draw as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
          What elements of this promotion did you think were particularly good?

I'd say that this 24/7 was Floyd's worst, and the other parts of the promotion (pressers, interviews, FaceOff, etc) seemed low-key and standard.
          One thing that stuck out to me, was I was watching WWE and they big upped the fight a lot in the build up to Wrestlemania. They had this whole angle about Big Shows embarrassing Wrestlemania moments and Floyd was on a bunch everytime they brough up the fight, how Floyd is one of if not the best boxer in the world, and how there was no shame in Big Show getting knocked out by Floyd with brass knuckles.

Another thing was I saw 24/7 everywhere, HBO,TNT after the NBA games and on CNN. Plus using their sport properties to really promote both NBA and MLB which they have been doing but I don't think they did that as much with Manny-Cotto.

I also saw this fight preview that was done for ATT U-Verse, it was kind of like the old HBO countdowns.

I also saw mad commecials, I thought they were cheesy the one with the lion but I saw it both in english and spanish many times.
          Last edited by The Gambler1981; 05-06-2012, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
            One thing that stuck out to me, was I was watching WWE and they big upped the fight a lot in the build up to Wrestlemania. They had this whole angle about Big Shows embarrassing Wrestlemania moments and Floyd was on a bunch everytime they brough up the fight, how Floyd is one of if not the best boxer in the world, and how there was no shame in Big Show getting knocked out by Floyd with brass knuckles.

Another thing was I saw 24/7 everywhere, HBO,TNT after the NBA games and on CNN. Plus using their sport properties to really promote both NBA and MLB which they have been doing but I don't think they did that as much with Manny-Cotto.

I also saw this fight preview that was done for ATT U-Verse, it was kind of like the old HBO countdowns.

I also saw mad commecials, I thought they were cheesy the one with the lion but I saw it both in english and spanish many times.

The red above has been done for the past few Floyd and Pac fights.

I went to the store, and noticed that the Tecate promotion was not labeled, nor did I hear much about that. I felt that was a lost opportunity on CDM.

Overall, I'd say the promotion was fine. Solid. But not particularly good.

I don't know if Floyd fighting so soon after the Ortiz bout is a plus or a negative. On one hand, he stayed in the public eye. On the other hand, this promotion lost a sense of drama in the "Floyd's back!" sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
              Of course he can and will take it. And, his fans will give it to him.

However, Schafer is saying this. I'm sorry Schafer word is not gospel. It's no better than Arum throwing numbers out.
              I agree, Schaefer is known for talking sh-t.... I can see this fight doing 1.6 though.... In this type of economic climate, 2 million would actually be better than Floyd vs Oscar giving account to the economic climate......

But schaefer also said Ortiz vs Floyd was gonna do 2 million....LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
                The red above has been done for the past few Floyd and Pac fights.

I went to the store, and noticed that the Tecate promotion was not labeled, nor did I hear much about that. I felt that was a lost opportunity on CDM.

Overall, I'd say the promotion was fine. Solid. But not particularly good.

I don't know if Floyd fighting so soon after the Ortiz bout is a plus or a negative. On one hand, he stayed in the public eye. On the other hand, this promotion lost a sense of drama in the "Floyd's back!" sense.
                I don't recall them doing the 24/7 on multiple channel until after Manny bolted and they had to win him back or it might have been used with Floyd first when they were pulling out all the stops to outdo Showtime/CBS that year. For the Manny-Cotto fight I don't recall them using much of Time Warner's other properties, they have been doing that much better recently and is not new but I think there is a difference when comparing these two fights. I could be remembering wrong though.

I think the Ortiz fight helped, the way it ended left people salty and unsure if Floyd still had it left, people dig mystery like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by el malo View Post
                  Don't matter he's:

Young
                  undefeated
                  mexican
                  backed by oscar
                  good looking(no ****)
                  Could do very well if he started acting in telemundo soaps

Mexicans love this kid already.
                  HE WONT EVEN DO 500K BUYS BY HIMSELF THOUGH. This works two ways, canelo is getting exposure off the mayweather brand. Think about it, when FLOYD FOUGHT Ortiz, Canelo was there wasnt he??? Or the fight prior, now I ask you, how many people really know about Canelo or rather would know about canelo, if he wasnt on the PPV undercard of the biggest draw in boxing??? (FLOYD) Its a revolving door.

You really think Shane vs Canelo would have sold a half million PPV'S? HELL NAW IT WOULDNT!!! But it was a decent addition to the card that already existed. Ring Kings was not really talking about Canelo, or Mosley or Vargas etc.

THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A CANELO 24/7......

Stop hating dude.....

Comment

• Originally posted by djeffectz View Post
                    It was Cinco De Mayo of course the ppv will sell, Mexico love their boxing, Sanelo and Cotto...
                    Yes mexican fans love their fighters, but dont forget that it depends really on the competition..

Marquez did good with Pac, but what did he do PPV buy wise in his last fight, dismal at best...... I havent even seen any numbers....

So dont act like mexicans are buying the bulk of the PPV'S..... A GOOD PORTION, BUT NOT ALL OF THEM...

ASK yourself what did Cotto Margarito 2 do?? With the hype about loaded gloves etc, what did it do????

Comment

• the $12million gate is a great gate but could be a problem with may/pac since pac/cotto did less than $9million. I will wait for the official numbers 4 ppv since numbers always get put out b4 the actual number is released (wrestlemania 28 was rumoured 2 have done 1.9million but did 1.3million). Also didnt mosley/canelo/ortiz share a ppv b4 and only do just over 100.000 buys, so i dont think canelo can take all the credit.

Comment

Working...
                      X