No announcement yet.

Ward is a Great Commentator

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward is a Great Commentator

Very impressed with him so far. Excellent diction, vocabulary as well as accurate analysis. I loved his point about the danger of punchers falling in love with their power early on in their career and then becoming stuck when they face someone down the line who can take their power. I hope he becomes a permanent member of the HBO team.

He always been a pretty good talker. But sad for him, he didn't really turn anyone on or off.

Comment

Also, wanna add something else. Kellerman during the Machado fight was unbearable. Ward said the weight wasn't the issue and explained his point well, but Kellerman wouldn't let it go since it contradicted his own view. I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT STAND WHEN COMMENTATORS ARGUE WITH PROFESSIONAL BOXERS. Merchant did it with Foreman and Jones, and now we're seeing Kellerman, a clerk with 0 boxing experience, trying to undermine everything Ward says...STFU...and let the expert speak.

Comment

Agreed, get rid of Jim Lampley and HBO commentary will be much better!

Comment

Kellerman said that the card was bad. That was the best thing he said all night.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
            Also, wanna add something else. Kellerman during the Machado fight was unbearable. Ward said the weight wasn't the issue and explained his point well, but Kellerman wouldn't let it go since it contradicted his own view. I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT STAND WHEN COMMENTATORS ARGUE WITH PROFESSIONAL BOXERS. Merchant did it with Foreman and Jones, and now we're seeing Kellerman, a clerk with 0 boxing experience, trying to undermine everything Ward says...STFU...and let the expert speak.
            Kellerman contradicts himself everyday on first take in multiple sports, he’s full of himself gods gift to sport knowledge.

Comment

I think Gervonta Davis would be a great commentator! I heard him the other day and was very impressed.
              Last edited by Pechorin; 10-22-2017, 05:18 PM.

Comment

He is a very good commentator, he break things down very well from a fighters prospective so that Casuals can understand instead of trying to dumb down the sport just because he wants to see a Knockout like Lampley!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
                  He always been a pretty good talker. But sad for him, he didn't really turn anyone on or off.
                  he turned me on....sexually at least

Comment

whats going to happen when someone gets low blowed. is he going to pretend it was a body shot and blame the guy for bending over in pain? gonna be a tough test for him. can he pass it?

Comment

Working...
                    X