Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion but who has actually been in the ring before?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i box in my living room and i suck at it...im better when im drunk tho..

Comment

I boxed from like 12-18 and then from 22/23 until currently. only AMs though...

Comment

I was also a wrestler in high school, I made the front page of my high school paper once too! heh, that's probably my only athletic achievement tho...

unfortunately, I really wasn't into boxing when I was younger, it was during my later teens (16/17 to now 22) that I really started to get into boxing. I regret not getting into boxing at a young age, I would have loved to be a part of this sport, but I'm just too old now I think.

Comment

Originally posted by EdWins View Post
          I was also a wrestler in high school, I made the front page of my high school paper once too! heh, that's probably my only athletic achievement tho...

unfortunately, I really wasn't into boxing when I was younger, it was during my later teens (16/17 to now 22) that I really started to get into boxing. I regret not getting into boxing at a young age, I would have loved to be a part of this sport, but I'm just too old now I think.
          nope, not even close...

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
            I have trainer two years off and on sparred quite a lot never had a sanctioned amatuer fight, wrestled i high school two years, did tae kwon do a while.....bills and life kinda got in the way but soon as everything is straight im back at it, eventually want to become a boxing trainer....boy would it be great to have my own stable of contenders and champions
            I boxed amatuer from 1977 to 1982 i had 83 wins 7 loses I won Jr Olympic District and Regional titles never fought at the nationals because I got injured both years. I was going to fight Paul Gonzales once when i was 15 he was 18 they back out. I beleive I would have beat the crap out of him. I would spar Steve and Paul Banke and would spank them . Steve and Paul Gonzales had a close fight once in 82. I trained fighters mostly my nephew Hector Luna he became a national Champion and was about to win the Golden Gloves when he dislocated his shoulder. Lucky for raushee Warren he got injured or he would have lost to him he was to strong for that weight class he hit like a welter weight and he weighed 114. Had surgery but dislocated agin sparring Joesph Diaz which was an even fight after being off for a year. I think you need to train with a boxing coach and spar for about 2 years in my opinon to be a good coach. I'm not saying you have to be a champ but i think to be a good coach you have to know how it feels to be in the ring so that you know when to throw a towel in when your fighters getting hurt or reconogzing that something is wrong so that you don't get someone hurt. i would see many coaches throwing their fighter in tournament that they were not ready for and their fighters were getting stopped.

Comment

I wrestled throughout high school and kickboxed at Duke Roufus Gym...I went there because there really aren't many boxing gyms in Milwaukee and of the few there are they're all Spanish speaking gyms, his gym's preferred style is also very centered around boxing rather than kicks as well.

Comment

ive never box, but watching boxing is like normal too me ive watch since i remember, n being in actual boxing matches live n watch them perform is amazing u earn a ton respect for them

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  would you like to add anything about your experience in the ring
                  Several amateur bouts never above 147, training off and on since I was 19, late 20's now. Belong to a solid camp producing good am competitors moving on to pro careers. Train at least 4 times a week whether competing or not. Spar anywhere from once a week to twice a month.
                  My current trainer fought for a world title and a previous one fought Oscar early in his career. (6 rounder)

Comment

Went 82-6 as an amateur. 4-0 as a pro. Looking to get signed soon so I can progress.

Comment

I think lots of the guys on here have either fought amateur or at least sparred like you.A few have fought pro. They just don't want to brag about it. I was a 156 lb army boxer a long long time ago.

Comment

Working...
                      X