Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nog and Henderson to Rematch.....

From Maxfighting.com......

"Minotauro" and Henderson to Rematch

PRIDE heavyweight champion Antonio Rodrigo "Minotauro" Nogueira will have an opportunity to redeem the only loss on his impressive resume as he'll face Dan Henderson (12-2) December 23 at Pride 24, MaxFighting has learned. On his way towards claiming the RINGS King of Kings 2000 tournament, Henderson won a controversial split decision over Nogueira (18-1-1) in February of that year. Since that time Nogueira has 12 wins and one draw, and became the Pride heavyweight champion in November 2001 with a win over Heath Herring.

Meanwhile, Henderson has made a name for himself as one of the toughest pound-for-pound fighters in the world. He'll have his work cut out for him on Dec. 23, as the natural middleweight will face the best heavyweight in the world. -- Gross

It's sure?? I'm waiting a fight like this!!
    Henderson Rules!!!

Comment

Dan and Nog..This fight is going to be great.

Comment

The fight would be great anyway, but imo no need to make it a rematch, redeem the loss, neither Mino nor Dan would need this, the last fight was over, now is another one.

Comment

It is Non Title too......

Comment

This should be good...Hendo is a very well rounded fighter IMO and should be a good test to Nog...

What is their weight difference though?? Will the 10 kilo rule be observed?

Comment

Henderson is going to lose... this sucks. Minotauro just beat a 350 pound monster... I don't think he's going to have trouble with a 185 lb fighter who gains weight to fight 205. RINGS was a long time ago... Nog's come a long way since that controversial loss.

I don't like this matchup at all. Hopefully it'll be a good fight though... Mino will win IMO.

Comment

Henderson's dead! If Frank shamrock submitted Henderson in under a minute, just imagine what Nogueira would do to him now.

Comment

[quote:f80f466ee3="kimura"]Henderson's dead! If Frank shamrock submitted Henderson in under a minute, just imagine what Nogueira would do to him now.[/quote:f80f466ee3]

If hendo got submitted under a minute he got caught. This does not mean he wouldnt have been submitted anyway but bottom line is he got caught dont read to much into the time of the submission.

Comment

Henderson's a real good fighter, but my point was that Nog is even more versed in submissions than Frank is.

Comment

Working...
                    X