No announcement yet.

Boxer of the Year: Nonito Donaire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Chicano View Post
    Donaire's big enough to make the jump to Lightwieght.

Marquez is too old and big now to make Featherweight.

Marquez vs Donaire at 135.

That could be the breakout fight that could elevate Donaire to superstar status much like Pacquiao's two weight division jump to fight Oscar De La Hoya. But Marquez is not Oscar in terms of star status, although he is at his all time high in terms of popularity, having just KTFO Manny Pacquiao.

Marquez vs Donaire at 135. Make it Happen for 2013.
    I'm gonna make a thread about this...

Comment

Fuck ESPN and HBO!

JMM is the fighter of the year, his KO of Pac is KO of the year, and JMM vs Pac 4 is fight of the year!

Had the roles been reversed and Pac won, there's no way in hell Donaire would be Fighter of the year. Sad how they are disrespecting the old Mexican legend.

Comment

nice job nonito.. you deserve it this year..

Comment

You've got to be kidding me. They ****ing shafted JMM on this one. And they forget that JMM OFFERED to do advanced testing and Pac's camp DECLINED!

This is a joke. If Pac KOed Marquez you better believe everyone would have him as fighter of the year even with the Bradley loss.

Comment

I completely agree. Moving into a new division and beating 4 solid fighters deserves recognition. Hopefully Donaire puts himself into this conversation next year with wins over Mares and Rigondeaux.

Comment

JMM should be fighter of the year.

Comment

I dont get this,

Marquez And Donaire are in the same boat.

Donaire works with a condition coach with a dark history.Conte

Marquez works with a conditioning coach with a dark history.Hereida

Andre Berto who worked with Conte for the FIRST TIME, ALSO Tested positive for PEDS for the first time in his career!

Donaire's only good win was this year Noshioka, who i thought the "Past It" Rafael Marquez gave him a run for his money.

But ESPN sucks anyways, so it doesn't really matter.

Comment

Originally posted by -Huey- View Post
                  Fuck ESPN and HBO!

JMM is the fighter of the year, his KO of Pac is KO of the year, and JMM vs Pac 4 is fight of the year!

Had the roles been reversed and Pac won, there's no way in hell Donaire would be Fighter of the year. Sad how they are disrespecting the old Mexican legend.

They just canīt take it, another mexican wrote history over their face, they donīt like it.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    I completely agree. Moving into a new division and beating 4 solid fighters deserves recognition. Hopefully Donaire puts himself into this conversation next year with wins over Mares and Rigondeaux.
                    Arce and Vasquez are worthless wins. Nishioka was inactive and had looked old and bad against a washed up Rafa.

Comment

congrats to nonito donaire! not only did he fight 4 times a year against some solid opponents (current and former champs), but he became the first boxer to undergo 24/7/365 random testing aka REAL olympic style testing...let the haters hate.

Comment

Working...
                      X