No announcement yet.

Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, and Logic are the FUTURE

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, and Logic are the FUTURE

As far as mainstream hip hop goes, these are the best emcee's in my eyes that are going to carry the game the next decade or so, that we know of right now.

There's other dope emcee's like Yelawolf and Big KRIT, and even Macklemore, Currensy, and Machine Gun Kelly to a lesser extent, that can spit. But I don't feel Yelawolf and KRIT would ever make it to the point where they can carry the game. Macklemore and MGK can spit, and they have talent, but again I don't feel they have the ability to elevate themselves to carry hip hop. Currensy has some really dope stuff, and some ehhhh stuff for sure, but he's pretty good in my mind. He just won't ever break into that status as the emcee that will carry the game either.

And of course there's others like Mac Miller (who I actually don't mind, he has some decent music in my opinion) and Kid Cudi (who I also don't mind), but they're lyrically not on par with Kendrick, Logic, or J Cole at all, in my honest opinion.

And then there's the Meek Mill, Drake, Wale, Wiz Khalifa, Big Sean, and others that are so overrated it's not even funny. Drake actually wouldn't be half bad if he got away from Young Money. On some of his features, he can spit some decent s**t. Wale and Sean are just whack in my opinion. Mill is also highly highly highly overrated. No one should compare Mill to Kendrick at all, it's an insult to Kendrick to be honest. He's not even close to the lyrical level of Kendrick/J Cole/Logic. And Wiz just isn't the same guy he use to be. He'll never get beyond the pop hip hop and talking about the same stuff, and below average punch lines.

Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, and Logic are the future. Anyone else or any other up and coming emcee's that could break into the game and carry it the next few years???

not only can Krit spit, he produces his own ****. Krit > Everyone you listed.

Comment

damn i thought kendrick lamar was a NBA player

Comment

"Bums warm theyre weary souls over warm flames. Junkie cant find God watch him find his vein. Preacher walk right by-like he aint see a thang."

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
          not only can Krit spit, he produces his own ****. Krit > Everyone you listed.
          Can't wait for the KRIT and Yela collaboration album. Two southern emcee's the world slept on this past year. Hopefully they can get the FULL recognition they deserve. I listed them, I just don't think either have the crossover appeal to really carry the game, despite the way they spit and their lyrical ability.

Comment

The future is depressing.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
              The future is depressing.
              Your opinion, but who do you like???

Kendrick, J Cole, Logic, KRIT, and Yela are all dope man. It's not like that Wale, Rick Ross, Wiz, Wayne crap.

Listen to Young Sinatra III and tell me that white boy can't spit. Or listen to Keisha's Song and tell me Kendrick doesn't rap about real issues and make great music with meaning. And J Cole, while I don't think he's as good as Kendrick or Logic, is lyrical and actually spits about meaningful s**t. I know you're a fan of Cassidy, so I don't know how you can say Kendrick, Cole, and Logic are depressing. Cassidy had one hot album like 8 years ago, and is getting more attention now because of the Meek Mill thing. But Meek Mill himself is weak. And when Cassidy came into the game, there was a lot of hype around him back in the mid 00's and he really didn't deliver man. Cassidy ain't THAT good.
              Last edited by 4Corners; 11-07-2012, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Before I give my take on a rapper, I listen to their stuff. I listen to the songs that are considered their best. When I said they suck, it's cause I already listened to them.

It's like The Twilight Zone hearing people call these rappers good or the future or whatever.

Krit is alright. The rest, blegh.

Comment

J.Cole: OMG great, you should listen to him, he's mad nice, he's a beast, he's gonna take over.

Listened to his album Sideline Story when it came out, apart from like 3 songs, the album sounded like it was dedicated to a girl/girls of his life and just girl problems in general.

Sad part is, he is the best lyrically of the one's you've mentioned. Krit has the best content IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    J.Cole: OMG great, you should listen to him, he's mad nice, he's a beast, he's gonna take over.

Listened to his album Sideline Story when it came out, apart from like 3 songs, the album sounded like it was dedicated to a girl/girls of his life and just girl problems in general.

Sad part is, he is the best lyrically of the one's you've mentioned. Krit has the best content IMO.
                    You desperately need to listen to more Kendrick Lamar. And you should download Logic's 3 mixtapes. Lyrically, i'll take kendrick and logic over cole. Go listen to growing pains, 30000, can I love, etc. These 3 are better than Cassidy, Meek Mill, and Currensy. Currensy has dope stuff but he has some really whack stuff too.

Comment

Working...
                    X