Collapse
No announcement yet.

Led Zep or Rolling Stone?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In terms of albums/songs, Zeppelin is the better band.

In terms of live performances, Zeppelin elipses the stones in every capacity. Cool songs, but the Stones were/are a mediocre live band in my opinion. I know i'm going to get crucified by some for saying that, but it's my opinion. Love Mick, though.

Not exactly Zep, but exactly awesome.
    Last edited by paulf; 09-11-2012, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Led for me!

Comment

Led Zeppelin, in my opinion, will always be the greatest rock and roll band that has ever been. In my eyes, no other group comes close to producing the musical substance and variety of Led Zeppelin. The variation in styles from album to album is ridiculous and that is what sets them apart from most other great rock and roll bands. Just like Queen, they really have no bad songs. Led Zeppelin is the definition of rock and roll. They are also one of very few groups that can take you to other places through their music. It's crazy. Classical music does this a lot, as well.

The only other group which I associate with Led Zeppelin is Van Halen, as far as being able to capture that certain rock and roll vibe, and not necessarily variety since Van Halen were straight rockers for the most part.

Led Zeppelin is definitely my favorite rock and roll group and my favorite song of theirs is probably The Song Remains The Same.

Comment

Can't decide I love them both!.

Comment

Led Zeppelin.

Hell, even Pink Floyd IMO fares better than the stones overall.

The order of business:

1. Page
            2. Gilmour
            18. Richards

Though I love the stones with their live performances it's amazing to see them in their 60s still rockin' it.

Comment

Comment

Waaaaaaaaay doooooooooown insiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide

Comment

exile on main st >>> physical graffiti

but stones made some rock songs with great riff too

it seems like some of you chose led zep based on jimmy page? wtf?

theyre not highly original as well (same goes with the stones)

great riff

Comment

i say Zeppelin but people need to tone it down with the hyperbole. they ripped off a lot of people. not to say that it hasn't happened plenty of times in rock and orll but.

Comment

Originally posted by AntonTheMedium View Post
                      i say Zeppelin but people need to tone it down with the hyperbole. they ripped off a lot of people. not to say that it hasn't happened plenty of times in rock and orll but.
                      I've really never understood this objection, which has risen in recent years. People b1tching about this don't understand the nature or history of the blues.

Comment

Working...
                      X