No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roman Gonzalez Shreds Nietes: He Was Scared, He Ran

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roman Gonzalez Shreds Nietes: He Was Scared, He Ran

Nicaraguan Roman "Chocolatito" Gonzalez (32-0, 27 KOs), the WBA's junior flyweight champion, is upset with the failed negotiations to make a unification bout with Filipino Donnie Nietes (30-1-3, 16 KOs), holder of the WBO championship. According to Gonzalez, his handlers tried to put the fight together for September 29th at the Home Depot Center in Carson, California - as part of the Tyson Marquez vs. Brian Viloria undercard.

[Click Here To Read More]

nietes just said he wants you roman..he said that too in the past....not sayin anyone is ducking anyone but , let's get the unification going

Comment

i wonder what happened in the negotiation..details please!

Comment

WTF!
        You could not only build a fantastic little man card off of that... but a great Philippines vs Mexico rivalry card!
        WTF!

Comment

Originally posted by I am evol View Post
          WTF!
          You could not only build a fantastic little man card off of that... but a great Philippines vs Mexico rivalry card!
          WTF!
          roman aint form mexico homie but he could very well be given he is latin and nietes has beaten few mexican fighters in thier own turf...

let's get it on...

Comment

hell, denver cuello called him out too...thats a good fight too, puncher vs puncher.....

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
              roman aint form mexico homie but he could very well be given he is latin and nietes has beaten few mexican fighters in thier own turf...

let's get it on...
              Wait a minute... same guy who was calling out Segura right?
              ...... you're right though... shoot.
              Still a good fight for the little men

Comment

Originally posted by I am evol View Post
                Wait a minute... same guy who was calling out Segura right?
                ...... you're right though... shoot.
                Still a good fight for the little men
                yup , same guy..he called him out after segura got destroyed by viloria too...if you have time , watch gonzalez vs valera and tell me what you think.

Comment

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
                  yup , same guy..he called him out after segura got destroyed by viloria too...if you have time , watch gonzalez vs valera and tell me what you think.
                  Yea will do. I mean, I knew they were bantering back and forth before and after.... well, Segura is coming back soon, best of luck to him

Comment

I knew this was too good to be true. I read an article earlier in the week in which Nietes' promoter said the Roman camp had contacted them last month about the September 29th fight, but that he hadn't heard from them since, and would turn down the fight if he was contacted now because Nietes needs more time to prepare.

I don't understand why Nietes wouldn't be in training if they were aware that Roman intended to fight him on that date. More recently, Nietes expressed dissatisfaction with his promoters, saying that he wasn't fighting as often as he'd like and that they weren't giving him the big fights he wanted.

"When Nietes was recently asked by our good friend Snow Badua of PTV Sports if he was happy with the way his career is going, the soft spoken fighting pride of Murcia, Negros Occidental said, "Of course not, January is still far away. I won't be fighting in a while, and that means I won't have any income."......"

"Nietes said he wants to fight more often, and that he is ready for big fights with the best names in his division. "That's what I wanted to do. I wanted to fight Roman Gonzalez, but I'm still going to wait on them (ALA Promotions) on when they want me to fight."

http://www.examiner.com/article/donn...-being-managed

So it seems that Nietes' promoters are primarily to blame.

Comment

Working...
                    X