No announcement yet.

Roy Jones vs Dwight Qawi?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roy Jones vs Dwight Qawi?

At 175lb. Both at there peak at 175lb. Who wins and how?
    Qawi Via Decision
    0.00%
    Qawi Via KO/TKO
    7.69%
    Jones Via Decision
    53.85%
    Jones Via KO/TKO
    38.46%

I think Roy wins a wide decision at any weight

Comment

Over 12 rounds id give roy the edge,over 15 i think Qawi could grind him down and get a late stoppage

Comment

Most definitely Roy Jones.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Mongoose View Post
          At 175lb. Both at there peak at 175lb. Who wins and how?

I think Jones would have beaten Qawi fairly easily for a decision.The speed would be a factor in this one. I think it's a bad style match up for Qawi.

Comment

I got Roy.

Clear UD.

I agree with Jospeh it's a real mad style match up for Qawi.

Comment

anyone who felt Roy's speed and accuracy early and kept pressing got K.O.ed.

there was no quit in Qawi and he would have kept coming forward, forcing Jones to open up more.

i would be surprised if that fight would see the 5th round.

Comment

Qawi was a tough guy to get to...with his already down-low chin tucked in....and he had an incredible jab for a guy his size. But, Roy would simply flurry and move, flurry and move to a rather easy decision.

This fight could actually stink.

Comment

Is Qawi getting counted a little bit to much here? He took a Cruiserweight Holyfield to a SD, and did KO ATG LHW Sadd Muhhamad x2 and beat a bunch of top contenders also.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Mongoose View Post
                    Is Qawi getting counted a little bit to much here? He took a Cruiserweight Holyfield to a SD, and did KO ATG LHW Sadd Muhhamad x2 and beat a bunch of top contenders also.

Completely different style match-ups as well as the fact that Saad Muhammad was nearing the end of his career. Holyfield had only 11 pro fights when he beat Qawi the first time. That was not Holyfield at his best. Qawi was an excellent light heavyweight but facing a prime Roy Jones is a stylistic nightmare for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X