Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Fix was IN!..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

im glad im not the only one who thought that stoppage was weak. oh well what are you gonna do?

Comment

Alvarado was going to get robbed
      Salido was going to get robbed
      Mathubela was going to get robbed

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
        Alvarado was going to get robbed
        Salido was going to get robbed
        Mathubela was going to get robbed
        exactly. the stoppage i didnt agree with but i wouldnt waste time arguying over it but the dam scorecards. thats paying off the judges damnit.

Comment

Originally posted by -SWIFT- View Post
          im glad im not the only one who thought that stoppage was weak. oh well what are you gonna do?
          Unfortunately I can't boycott boxing..my addiction wouldn't allow me to not watch..

But I refuse to purchase another Top Rank PPV..Pac-Marquez IV will get no love from me..I'll watch it the following week for free...

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
            I hate to say it..but Bob Arum is on a rampant mission to ruin this sport..

The stoppage can be argued either way..fact is..Alvarado was hurt but not out..Benavidez Jr was WAYYY more hurt than Alvarado was and was given an entire minute to flop around grab on and kill time..the moment Rios rocked Alvarado the ref looked ready to hop in..

But as I stated that could be argued..I, along with Rios, believe it was too early..

but the CARDS!...seriously..the referees had it 4-2 for Rios?..GTFO!..no way in hell did Rios take 4 rds of that fight..a Draw MAYBE or 4-2 Alvarado is what it was...but the refs had their minds set on who they were gonna give the decision to no matter who actually won the fight..

Alvarado was gonna get jobbed no matter what tonight...it's depressing to see we still support Top Rank events when we all have been victims of Bob Arum's fixes...no more Top Rank PPV purchases from me..I hope the REAL fans actually stop supporting this BS!.
            you mean the judges, but yeah i completely agree with you. when bob papa announced the judges' scorecards i chuckled. but this wasn't a ppv event, so we didn't really pay top rank for anything. it was hbo's telecast that we paid for. but yeah, screw top rank's ppvs. usually they're not that great.

Comment

Originally posted by subhuman View Post
              We will never know for sure. You're just speculating.
              If he went 10, no way the scorecards would even be close to mirroring their performances as they weren't even doing that halfway through.

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
                Unfortunately I can't boycott boxing..my addiction wouldn't allow me to not watch..

But I refuse to purchase another Top Rank PPV..Pac-Marquez IV will get no love from me..I'll watch it the following week for free...
                me neither. i through 20 on pac marquez 3 and that was bs and i bought pac bradley last minute cuz i thought it would be competitive. this was blatant fixing.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
                  you mean the judges, but yeah i completely agree with you. when bob papa announced the judges' scorecards i chuckled. but this wasn't a ppv event, so we didn't really pay top rank for anything. it was hbo's telecast that we paid for. but yeah, screw top rank's ppvs. usually they're not that great.
                  LOL!..

I was on a heated rant..good catch Chi..

But this sealed the deal for me...and I hope for the real fans that are sick of seeing this right before our eyes..

atleast in the past eras the fixes weren't as often and blatant..this is getting ridiculous..

Comment

Scoring of the fight was terrible, not the worst stoppage though, he was hurt maybe could have gone on a bit more but who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
                      me neither. i through 20 on pac marquez 3 and that was bs and i bought pac bradley last minute cuz i thought it would be competitive. this was blatant fixing.
                      Gotta spread the Green before giving some rep...

but I'm glad you're not purchasing either..it's the least the fans can do..really..I doubt it'll make the slightest dent in their pockets..but atleast the satisfaction that they didn't get my $60+ is good enough for me..

Comment

Working...
                      X