No announcement yet.

Great Comebacks

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Comebacks

What are some of the best comebacks of all-time? By comebacks I’m saying you think the fight is over OR someone who is not a fight fan is saying “how horrible, they should stop this. How can you watch this?” And then, the fight changes:

Two fights come to mind. David Haye beating Carl Thompson easily in the early going and get’s KOed in the 5th.

And Arturo Gatti is getting killed by Wilson Rodriquez and comes back and KOs Rodriguez.

Archie Moore-Yvon Durelle 1
    David Izon-Derrick Jefferson (Jefferson just ran out of gas from punching Izon repeatedly)
    Wladimir Klitschko-Lamon Brewster 1 (shorter version of Izon-Jefferson)
    Julian Jackson-Herol Graham

Within the same round:

Diego Corrales-Jose Luis Castillo 1
    Kennedy McKinney-Welcome Ncita 1
    Earnie Shavers-Roy Williams

Comment

Foreman-Moorer
      Chavez-Taylor
      Pac-JMM I

Comment

Ebo Elder vs. Courtney Burton, check it out. Face all F.-up, eyes shut, Elder KO's Burton in the last round. No Chavez-Taylor bull****, a "REAL" knockout!

Comment

Originally posted by bklynboy View Post
          What are some of the best comebacks of all-time? By comebacks I’m saying you think the fight is over OR someone who is not a fight fan is saying “how horrible, they should stop this. How can you watch this?” And then, the fight changes:

Two fights come to mind. David Haye beating Carl Thompson easily in the early going and get’s KOed in the 5th.

And Arturo Gatti is getting killed by Wilson Rodriquez and comes back and KOs Rodriguez.

Kevin Kelley vs Derrick Gainer
          Chris Eubank vs Micheal Watson
          Mike Weaver vs John Tate
          Bonecrusher Smith vs Frank Bruno
          Archie Moore vs Yvonne Durelle

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
            Archie Moore-Yvon Durelle 1
            David Izon-Derrick Jefferson (Jefferson just ran out of gas from punching Izon repeatedly)
            Wladimir Klitschko-Lamon Brewster 1 (shorter version of Izon-Jefferson)
            Julian Jackson-Herol Graham

Within the same round:

Diego Corrales-Jose Luis Castillo 1
            Kennedy McKinney-Welcome Ncita 1
            Earnie Shavers-Roy Williams

Just saw the David Izon-Derrick Jefferson fight. I wrote some notes while watching the fight.

I like this fight. Never saw it before but I must say it doesn’t quite make my “comeback” list. At no point did I think that Izon was about to go nor was he clearly outclassed by Jefferson. I have a clear shut-out for Jefferson but in each round Izon has his moments: good body shots; a hard hook landing flush.
            [written at the end of the 5th round]

Wow. AND THEN came the 7th round. The fight definitely could have been stopped.
            Great ending: Jefferson too exhausted to continue; just like Klitschko-Brewster.

Comment

Ben Tackie vs. Roberto Garcia

Tackie was losing on all score card 87-83...last round landed the BOOOM Ko!!!

Never quit!!!!!

Ill pay if someone can find me the last round of this fight on Vid!!! Pm me if you find it!

Comment

Kelley-Gainer

Comment

Although he wasn't taking a bad beating,Tua was decisively outboxed quite a number of times only to end up knocking out his opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Bright-Eyes View Post
                    Although he wasn't taking a bad beating,Tua was decisively outboxed quite a number of times only to end up knocking out his opponents.
                    Yeah one of those times was against Oleg Maskaev. Maskaev was hitting Tua with these pitty-pat punches as if he was still in the amateurs and then Tua finally caught up with him and knocked him out.

Comment

Working...
                    X