OUCH, FF13 only gets an 8.4 on IGN

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OUCH, FF13 only gets an 8.4 on IGN

http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/107/1074667p2.html

A big hitter like this wants a 9 at the very least.

Being like the thousandth one maybe they're getting tired of them?

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K10 View Post
      The thing is, they completley removed towns from the game, and I have heard there are no sidequests, it is just go from A to B in a straight line, while fighting enemies.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K10 View Post
        not really since ff is infamous for changing the game mechanics everytime......the main criticism of this game appears to be the huge linearity on the first half of the game....which is supposed to be a huge no-no for an RPG....

Comment

IGN US will give it maybe 9.0.. especially since they're waiting til monday to post it. if it is in the 8's though i'd be surprised, but it is what it is. Edge magazine gave it a 5/10.

Comment

****tt, Gamespot gave it a 8.5. Owned.

ME2 just might be RPG of the year, not sure if fallout vegas will top it.. and FFversus 13 won't make it this year.

Comment

Still getting FF13 regardless, you should too.

Comment

Originally posted by Ether View Post
                Still getting FF13 regardless, you should too.
                Yeah I dont really follow what scores what games get from these sites, but I havent got a FF game since FF4 on the DS...the series just dont do it for me anymore.

Comment

Turn based rpgs stopped being relevant years ago. Just picking skills from a list and looking at the characters do it was fine back in the day but in 2010 it ****ing sucks.

Games have evolved and turn based combat systems don't seem so apppealing when you compare them to Oblivion, Fable or Mass effect 2.

I had not followed FF 13 but i was sure i was going to buy it. I didn't play FF12 but i heard the combat was much more hands on, so i figuered FF13 would be even better.

But no, they take a step back and go to turn based combat once again. So i won't even bother. Plus from all the reviews they say the first 20-30 hours are linear. The point of rpgs are NOT to be linear. If i want linear i'll play a shooter and atleast the action will be fun.
                  Last edited by Equilibrium; 03-06-2010, 08:29 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

It's going to suck balls

Comment

Working...
                    X