Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Marciano of the one most overrated HW of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unstable89 View Post
    You are from Finland I am thinking and are white, who would call you a racist?
    Say that to Tunney.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...=205843&page=8

You can call them average all you want but you are not really proving anything to anybody except maybe yourself.

Was Jersey Joe Walcott average? He had the style to trouble many greater fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by TheManchine View Post
      Say that to Tunney.

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...=205843&page=8

You can call them average all you want but you are not really proving anything to anybody except maybe yourself.

Was Jersey Joe Walcott average? He had the style to trouble many greater fighters.
      Trouble who??
      Liston
      Foreman
      Ali
      Shavers
      Norton
      Holmes
      Tyson
      Lewis
      Wladimir
      Louis
      Patterson
      Would all stop this guy

Any can put up a highlights

Comment

Joe Louis (62-2), aging former champion, coming off a win over HOFer Jimmy Bivins
        Archie Moore (148-19), coming off a win over number 1 ranked HW Nino Valdes
        Jersey Joe Walcott HW champion, flattened Ezzard Charles with one punch
        Ezzard Charles (80-10) former HW champion, coming off KO win over Bob Satterfield
        Roland LaStarza x2 (37-0), (53-3), coming off a win over Rex Layne
        Harry 'Kid' Matthews (81-3)
        Rex Layne (34-1), coming off wins over Satterfield and Jersey Joe Walcott

Believe me, I'm no Marciano defender, I've even been called a racist by some of his fans for criticizing Rocky's record but it's not as bad as you make it out to be.
        believe me, I know how you feel. its tunney the ****** that probably called you that. he called me a racist too for having criticisms against marciano and I'm white. he is the lowest form of poster on these boards. he has no boxing related threads. 100% of his threads are meant to boost white ppl and discredit black ppl. him and dirk diggler are the 2 biggest douchebags in this forum.

Comment

Trouble who??
          Liston
          Foreman
          Ali
          Shavers
          Norton
          Holmes
          Tyson
          Lewis
          Wladimir
          Louis
          Patterson
          Would all stop this guy

Any can put up a highlights
          I'm a fan of Patterson but I see Walcott KO'ing him. Jersey Joe wouldn't have much of a chance against the bigger heavyweights but he could beat Patterson, Shavers, Norton and Joe Louis (whom Walcott beat in my opinion in their first fight) and trouble some of the others (possibly Ali, Liston, Holmes).

Comment

I'm a fan of Patterson but I see Walcott KO'ing him. Jersey Joe wouldn't have much of a chance against the bigger heavyweights but he could beat Patterson, Shavers, Norton and Joe Louis (whom Walcott beat in my opinion in their first fight) and trouble the others.
            Don’t kid yourself Patterson stops him quite easy. No chance against Norton or Shaver or Louis

Comment

How the **** would he trouble Holmes Ali Liston. He was for God sake KO by Maricano in round 1. Liston is a ****ing beast, Ali would KO under 5, Holmes fight would be a mismatch

Comment

Comment

Don’t kid yourself Patterson stops him quite easy. No chance against Norton or Shaver or Louis
                  Shavers had a glass chin and was easily stopped by counter punching Quarry, Norton had a solid chin but he couldn't fight backing up and he did lose by KO to a light heavyweight, Louis was IMO beaten by Walcott in their first fight, one of the most controversial decisions ever...

I've seen many of Patterson's fights, the fight against Walcott would be a close one. Walcott has the ability to counter Patterson's quick rushes with his left hook and counter right like Johansson did in his first fight with Patterson.

How the **** would he trouble Holmes Ali Liston. He was for God sake KO by Maricano in round 1. Liston is a ****ing beast, Ali would KO under 5, Holmes fight would be a mismatch
                  Ali was used to fighting backing up, he would have to be aggressive against Walcott. Ali could beat him but he would be hit with some rights like he was against Zora Folley (who was worse than Walcott).

Liston was strong with good boxing skills but he was also slow, I see him KO'ing Walcott quite impressively but you never know. Walcott had the speed to trouble Liston.

Holmes had big trouble against the awkward and unorthodox Michael Spinks, although I do see him winning impressively in his prime against both Spinks and Walcott.
                  Last edited by TheGreatA; 09-26-2008, 12:57 PM.

Comment

You're an ALT aren't you? Come on, just fess up and admit it: You're an ALT for the same person who makes ALL these anti-Marciano threads

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
                      You're an ALT aren't you? Come on, just fess up and admit it: You're an ALT for the same person who makes ALL these anti-Marciano threads

Poet
                      One Marciano thread??

Comment

Working...
                      X