No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo vs. Trout is a Done Deal For 4/20, Says Schaefer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lopez36 View Post
    who was on the undercard? when was this fight? yeah,you guessed it,sept and latinos on the undercard,canelo and ponce de leon
    Ya right 1.4 mil bought PPV to watch Canelo vs Jose Luis Cotto. Go outside and play.

Comment

• Originally posted by flint View Post
      canelo suppose to be the mexican heir.but he walked away from the biggest boxing stage and date. thats our mexican celebration weekend and he punked away from it.he shouldve stayed and try to steal the show,called mayweather out that night. that wouldve set up sept 14 with mayweather should he beat guerrero.
      5 de mayo is big only in USA, here no one gives a f u ck about that day,
      the biggest mexican celebration is sept 15

Comment

• Originally posted by Ido View Post
        Thats a moot point.

Apples to Apples, at 22 Floyd did not have the same draw power as Canelo.
        A 22 year old Floyd was a whole different Era also 14 years ago before social media and the likes, besides it's not where you start it's where you end up. Like 43-0 and PPV King. An I guess they say the next Floyd is Broner and so far he's doing pretty good numbers as far as TV rating he's right up there with Canelo so hey.

Comment

• Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
          LOL I'm not getting upset I'm just stating the clear facts Floyd Mayweather is the face of boxing and the PPV King on the throne. < That right there is a FACT
          I dun karez.

No Canelo vs Trout on May 4.
          For me, no sale.

Comment

• Undercards only really matter to true boxing fans. Casual fans don't care. All they want is the Main Event. I've already heard people that I know are not real boxing fans talking about seeing the next Mayweather fight. They could care less about who's on the undercard.

Comment

• Why are people claiming Canelo and his management were trying to negotiate an agreement to fight Mayweather win or lose?

That's ridiculous... Even Schaefer wouldn't try to argue on behalf of Canelo for that stipulation. The agreement would have been pending both fighters win their upcoming fights. To think otherwise is ******ed.

Also, the money allocated (for Canelo and Trout) between fighting on Mayweather's undercard versus a Showtime Championship Boxing main event isn't much. Matter of fact, fighters usually earn more money for HBO and Showtime CB (not BAD and Shobox) main event fights than PPV undercards.

Mayweather doesn't need Canelo to sell the # of PPV's he's been selling and the #'s will reflect that.

Get your heads out of your collective ass NSB...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pan-Africanist View Post
                Ya right 1.4 mil bought PPV to watch Canelo vs Jose Luis Cotto. Go outside and play.
                Oh you talking about that fight where Canelo got rocked and almost KO'ed by that lil dude. LMAO GTFOH!

Comment

• GOOD!

I am happy that Canelo is actually fighting Trout no more half measures this is Canelos chance to prove himself to the rest of the world and for that I am happy the fight is getting made.

Floyd on the other hand................

I wonder what the undercard is going to look like for Floyd/Guerrero??

Comment

• Mayweather Guerrero will have less pay per view than Canelo Trout . Guaranteed! Opponents mean everything!

Comment

• Their going to replace the Canelo fight with something better and it will be all good, Mares v Ponce or Brook v Alexander would fit in well. People aren't there and buying the fight for the undercard they are doing it because of Mayweather

Comment

Working...
                      X