Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gamboa vs. Broner...a huge mismatch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had to stop at sali and darmarco being the same level win.

Totally blew your whole post!

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      I'll say the same thing I said in the other thread. I never heard anybody say Tyson would get destroyed by so and so cause he was too small. So why is this logic being thrown around in this case so much?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
      Understand what you are saying, but I dont that is something that can be ignored. When Gamboa was supposed to fight Rios, I thought for sure that Rios size (and pressure) would trouble Gamboa in spots (although I picked Gamboa to win). Also, I thought that Gamboa would be able flat out outbox Rios. With Broner, he would have a size advantage AND he can box very good. I think Broner size and boxing ability can trouble Gamboa and I think Gamboa speed could trouble Broner. But if someone said that size would be the difference in this fight, I COULD see their point, especially when you factor in the skills that Broner has.

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
        Wow...this fight equals a mismatch of epic proportions.

I think Broner, as much as I dislike the dude would beat the brakes off of Gamboa. Gamboa last fought at 126, has been inactive and has always been a bit chinny, against less than quality opponents.

While he's faster than Broner, it isn't by much and I don't see a huge gap in talent either. I think Gamboa is only slightly more talented, but barely. Frankly, Broner's size and reach advantage, coupled with his talent should be more than enough for a guy moving up two or more divisions. Manny Pacquiao, Gamboa is not. They both have fought cupcakes mostly, and Broner and Gamboa have about equal in quality win(s) (DeMarco and Siri). This supposed shut-out just makes no sense. Guys, please stop, you're killing me

Discuss
        Looking into the pool I found that more ppl disagreed with your throughs of the match up

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
          Wow...this fight equals a mismatch of epic proportions.

I think Broner, as much as I dislike the dude would beat the brakes off of Gamboa. Gamboa last fought at 126, has been inactive and has always been a bit chinny, against less than quality opponents.

While he's faster than Broner, it isn't by much and I don't see a huge gap in talent either. I think Gamboa is only slightly more talented, but barely. Frankly, Broner's size and reach advantage, coupled with his talent should be more than enough for a guy moving up two or more divisions. Manny Pacquiao, Gamboa is not. They both have fought cupcakes mostly, and Broner and Gamboa have about equal in quality win(s) (DeMarco and Siri). This supposed shut-out just makes no sense. Guys, please stop, you're killing me

Discuss
          First time reading the OP and these are things that I detailed in one of my post in this thread. And I personally like both fighters, for the record.

Comment

This is a fight I can see Gamboa taking but not Broner. If Broner is anything like Fraud Jr. he would be smart and avoid any potential dangerous matches if he wants to collect big paychecks throughout his career. But hey, that's just me. On the other hand Broner could potentially win the fight, but we wouldn't ever know that if he avoids it like the plague.

Comment

I think Broner would stop Gamboa down the stretch but I'm not sure...can't see Broner getting tagged up by a smaller guy, and Gamboa's chin is up in the air as well...

O and I chose the last option...lol

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
                This is a fight I can see Gamboa taking but not Broner. If Broner is anything like Fraud Jr. he would be smart and avoid any potential dangerous matches if he wants to collect big paychecks throughout his career. But hey, that's just me. On the other hand Broner could potentially win the fight, but we wouldn't ever know that if he avoids it like the plague.
                What the **** does Floyd have to do with Broner, lmao? Pac's fanatics are the worst.

Comment

Pointless effing match and discussions. Haymon's guy vs 50 cent's guy. Go figure. This is boxing, not MMA.

Comment

Broner destroys him...

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
                      Broner destroys him...
                      Broner is a *** with his pink trunks

Comment

Working...
                      X