No announcement yet.

Khan's up coming excuses?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan's up coming excuses?

We all know Khan loves an excuse and is world champion at them. The story telling after the Peterson fight with the bent ref and the man in the hat and bent judges was superb and magnificent. Really good stuff.
    This loss is a little more difficult to sugar coat but there is no point in being defeatest when a good yarn can get you off the hook. In the next few days we will be treated to some really good fiction to explain away this loss and convince us that he really is superb. What stories do you think we have to look forward to? Get your excuses in before he does and see if you get proved right.
    I think the number one excuse will be his build up was poor which is down to the messing around by Peterson. With proper preparation he would have done a job on 6 toes . This is a great excuse but what are your pics for the up coming excuses?

If he doesn't realize he is fundamentally flawed he will suffer more losses like this. He should come to terms with his flaws and look at fixing them. You can't keep making excuses. Nothing good will out of it either. Khan is a victim of his own hype.

Comment

I dont see how he can make any excuses, he said beforehand best ever training camp and things could not have went any better lol.

Comment

I didn't stay up to watch the fight but when I woke up and went to check news online, i said to myself "any money that khan lost and looked like an complete idiot" ......now I like khan as a fighter and he is fun to watch but he is far too ****y for someone that has a glass chin and this is what puzzles me, as he wants to be the best in the world, step up a level and fight all time greats, yet one punch to the chin and he looks like bambi on ice!

If he makes any excuses then as others have said, there is no way back from this, as to come back from a loss, a setback, you have to have talent (which khan does have) but most importantly you have to understand your limitations and know best how to protect or disguise them, while also having a gameplan which uses your strengths.

Currently Khan falls short on this and unless he changes his attitude and style slightly I can't see how he will ever move up a level.

Comment

bad matchmaking. your team has to homework. not just fight someone just to be fighting. khan and ortiz losing does make every fight interesting. now you just don't know who is gonna bring it. you're looking for a fight with floyd, pac, marquez etc. better off not taking this fight and maybe go after bradley. now it's back to square one. nothing he can ever do to get it all back. lots of money and sponsors will back out. all the comercials and a shoot with GQ magazine etc shows he ain't in boxing for the love of it. i blame all of US for not seeing what kind of fighter he is. we are all blind. he beat all beatable fighters. how does that transform into superstar? know how? cause we bought the BS!

Comment

"Oi, I ate bangers n eggs that day, I gave meself some wicked cramps I did".

"Garcia 'ad 'otsauce on 'is gloves 'e did, it ruined me vision".

"I shagged a former bird I was arranged to marry right before the feckin foight"
            Last edited by Derranged; 07-16-2012, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Getting hit with a "LUCKY PUNCH" seems to be the favourite excuse right now. That was the same excuse with Prescott. I can see how that works . You can say Khan would have outboxed Garcia had he not got hit with the "LUCKY PUNCH" and keep the illusions/delusions of greatness going. If it is repeated enough his fans will believe it just as they wiped out the Peterson performance from the memory banks because of PEDs.

Comment

The problem is, after the Breidis Prescott loss, Roach and his team set to work on Khan's leg strength. This was believed to help his ability to hold a punch and for his legs to remain more stable in the event that he was tagged hard.

To be honest, that wasn't a bad idea......however, he started trying to prove that he didn't have poor punch resistance in the gym in sparring matches with Pacquiou. Then after surviving the war with Maidana......and hearing rubbish about Khan having an 'excellent chin' from the likes of De La Hoya and Schaefer, it seems that he simply got too confident in his ability to hold a punch.

His gameplan on Saturday was woefully risky. It seemed to rely very little on using his quick feet and excellent mobility. The strategy seemed to rely on being in range and hoping to simply outspeed Garcia to the punch. It was naive to think that Amir wouldn't be clipped at all by counter punches. We all knew that Garcia had excellent one punch power before the fight. Even when in trouble Khan seemed to have forgot how to get on his bike as he did in the Maidana fight. I'm a touch concerned that Freddie Roach might not be quite what he once was as a trainer

Can he come back? I'd say probably. Lets face it, he'd be favorite to beat Mallignaggi again. But I'd keep him out of the ring (sparring included) for three or four months to allow him to heal. He took some truely sickening head punches.

Khan needs to admit (as Haye and Wlad do) that his punch resistance is weak at world level. His heart is superb! But his tendency to brawl when hurt is foolish.....although entertaining! If Khan again adopts a mobile, elusive style (at least when facing known punchers) and a mature approach to his punch resistance I think he can come back.

Sods law we'll find out in a week or so that Garcia has been found to have an illegal substance in his blood or urine! Then that will be the excuse!!!

Comment

Khan would be hard to beat if he took his own right hand away for the early stages of a fight.

That right could be clasped to his chin, his jab is a powerful punch it looked great against Garcia. He needs to take away the countering opportunities. He's just too vulnerable.

Comment

The lucky punch seems to be firmly evolving into the No 1 excuse. I guess the idea is to get his sucker fans to buy into it was a freakish one off event . That way the illusions/delusions of greatness can be maintained. They are so gulible I think they will buy into it.It is a great Alice In Wonderland world Khan and his fans live in LOL.

Comment

Working...
                    X