No announcement yet.

Question about abs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about abs

Had a question concerning abs, currently I weigh about 140 lbs and am 5"8. I also have about 5 percent body fat. and was wondering what could I possible do to get abs since I have none whatsoever.

Originally posted by zte89147 View Post
    Had a question concerning abs, currently I weigh about 140 lbs and am 5"8. I also have about 5 percent body fat. and was wondering what could I possible do to get abs since I have none whatsoever.
    Are you guessing or do you know you have 5% BF? Because if you did, you'd be able to see your abs. Even if you didn't do anything to work them.

Comment

Originally posted by h4te View Post
      Are you guessing or do you know you have 5% BF? Because if you did, you'd be able to see your abs. Even if you didn't do anything to work them.
      GOt measured back in December and I was 4.5 percent and I've lost 5 pounds since then

Comment

And still. NOthing

Comment

For an athlete male about your size and weight you should have about 8 to 10 percent body fat and if you're doing to ab exercises, you should be noticing your abdominal muscles. Have you tried doing ab exercises using weights or medicine ball? How much are you doing? Maybe you need to increase your reps and sets.

Comment

Originally posted by Pony Boy View Post
            For an athlete male about your size and weight you should have about 8 to 10 percent body fat and if you're doing to ab exercises, you should be noticing your abdominal muscles. Have you tried doing ab exercises using weights or medicine ball? How much are you doing? Maybe you need to increase your reps and sets.
            havent tried using weights or medicine ball due to a torn labrum, but ill try them out once my shoulder heals back up from surgery, thanks

Comment

Genetics play a part, everyone is put together differently but it's quite unusual you can't see your abs if your stats are right.

Abs are like any other muscle though they will grow with correct nutrition and exercise, I started heavy with low reps then used light weight with high reps when they came through enough, they grow even still.

Comment

Originally posted by RonRoss View Post
                Genetics play a part, everyone is put together differently but it's quite unusual you can't see your abs if your stats are right.

Abs are like any other muscle though they will grow with correct nutrition and exercise, I started heavy with low reps then used light weight with high reps when they came through enough, they grow even still.
                THanks bro

Comment

No. It's called hypertrophy.

If you want your abs to look like the models, boxers, 300 spartans or what have you. You have to increase the mass of your abdominal muscles.

So.... increase your protein intake, get to cranking out those sit ups, planks, knee raises etc etc etc. Don't forget to rest, 1 day on, next day rest, repeat. That way your muscles can break down, rebuild bigger, and so on and so forth.

That's what you got to do. The shape of your abs is a different story. That is the genetics part. Your just stuck with whatever shape you got.

Note: Perfect form >>>> 1k reps.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                    No. It's called hypertrophy.

If you want your abs to look like the models, boxers, 300 spartans or what have you. You have to increase the mass of your abdominal muscles.

So.... increase your protein intake, get to cranking out those sit ups, planks, knee raises etc etc etc. Don't forget to rest, 1 day on, next day rest, repeat. That way your muscles can break down, rebuild bigger, and so on and so forth.

That's what you got to do. The shape of your abs is a different story. That is the genetics part. Your just stuck with whatever shape you got.

Note: Perfect form >>>> 1k reps.
                    Wow dude thanks a lot exactly the kinda stuff i was looking for bro,
                    thanks alot dude

Comment

Working...
                    X