Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis: Lomachenko Would Have to Be Pay-Per-View Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    yup and it was a disaster that lost money and Crawford hasn't been on a PPV since. They just faked a injury and moved his fight from PPV to ESPN+ for a reason. Crawford who is a bigger star then Davis ain't even fighting on PPV. A Loma/Davis fight would do horrible PPV figures and lose money for the promoters. It's just not realistic and for Davis to throw that out there shows he has no intentions of fighting Loma. Hell he beefed with his own promoter just for mentioned that he wanted him to fight Loma now he is saying I will only fight him on PPV when you know that can't happen.
    I agree it seems like Gervonta is using another excuse to prevent it from happening but they could call his bluff and then he will really be backed in a corner and look even worse. I think it would be bigger than Crawford vs Postol though.

Comment

Fake champ making demands!!!
      😡

Comment

jerkoff thinks fight fans will pay to see him quit and quit he will vs nomaschenko

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
          I predict this last week, and I also do think they should do this on PPV.
          Based on what ??? Neither are ppv stars

Comment

Let the ducking begin

Comment

Originally posted by Caught Square View Post
              I agree it seems like Gervonta is using another excuse to prevent it from happening but they could call his bluff and then he will really be backed in a corner and look even worse. I think it would be bigger than Crawford vs Postol though.
              how can you call his bluff? by making him a offer for a PPV that's impossible to make? A fight that would lose millions for the promoter. This is what you call in negotiations as a non starter. You put your house on the market but with a asking price 10X the amount of other comparable houses in the neighborhood. It's clear you are not serious about selling your house and no buyers are going to make a offer or get into negotiations because it's not realistic you are throwing out a non starter asking price. You can't make a case that this fight is a PPV worthy when Showtime don't even think Davis is worthy of headlining normal cable fights. He's been a undercard fighter. And Linares brings more to the table is the man in his division not just a belt holder, has won titles in 3 weight classes not just 1 like Davis and has headlined numerous cable fights and still him vs Loma is on ESPN not PPV. Because Loma himself isn't a PPV fighter. A non PPV fighter vs a non Showtime main event fighter is impossible to sell to the public on PPV.

This is ducking and nothing else coming up with a stupid excuse to kill a fight.

Comment

In reality

Lomachenko has bigger tougher fish to fry.

Offer twank a 1.5 million dollar flat fee take it or leave it

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
                  That’s because Tank just had a fight and Loma has a fight coming up.
                  I have a feeling that Floyd was blowing smoke, and he hasn't talked to Todd at all! Usually Top Rank would've responded within the week of Floyd's statement. They haven't acknowledge that Loma, should he win, is next for Tank! I hate to say it, but I think Floyd is going to name drop Loma, while sending Tank the opposite way...Mikey!

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Of course it would flop. I would still let them try it though.
                    Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                    Based on what ??? Neither are ppv stars

Comment

Does Stank Davis have a big enough following to do a PPV?

Comment

Working...
                      X