Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner on Vargas: He Ain't Win His Fights When He Stepped Up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
    Funny thing is Maidana was considered the underdog in that fight

Comment

Originally posted by BucaRican View Post
      Man I hope this is the last we see of this clown on Saturday. He does not have one piece of humility. He is honestly a scum of scum. If he wasn't boxing, he would be locked up asap in and out of the pen. He feels entitle when he really hasn't done much.
      Youre interested in the wrong sport if you are looking for HUMILITY
      He's a 4 division champion
      (but casuals think Everyone gets a World Title, cause its so easy)
      Which is very disrespectful to Boxing (once again this probably isnt the sport for you)
      You probably dont even KNOW AB, personally to make that observation,
      YEP, WRONG SPORT FOR YOU
      try basket weaving

Comment

How was Paulie past his prime at age 32? He looked the best he looked in a while when he fought Broner and it could be argued he won the fight. Paulie looked better there than in some of his fights I've seen when he was 25-26

I don't buy the whole Paulie was past his prime when he had just turned 32 years old a few months before facing Broner... That's still prime range.

Both of them lost when they stepped up to the elite level. This fight will basically determine who will be the career gatekeeper although both of them may end up with that status in the end especially if they stay at 147.
        Last edited by Realizniguhnit; 04-20-2018, 08:29 AM.

Comment

Broner's best win was against Demarco @ 135. His other quality wins were Paulie and Granados. And if we're keeping it real, I had him losing to Granados and Paulie was close (could've went either way).

He's right about Jesse, which is why I think this is a 50/50 affair. But if AB doesn't punch with him, then he'll lose by UD.

If he comes to fight, I think it'll be a SD either way (leaning towards Vargas).

Comment

Originally posted by lopetego View Post
            Funny thing is Maidana was considered the underdog in that fight
            Maybe but I recall a few writers warning people that he should be worried.

I recall telling my brother he would get his ass kicked, and him getting upset and calling me a "hater" lol Afterwards he started watching more film on these guys. I turned him into a true fan (sadly he was a casual lol)

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
              Broner's best win was against Demarco @ 135. His other quality wins were Paulie and Granados. And if we're keeping it real, I had him losing to Granados and Paulie was close (could've went either way).

He's right about Jesse, which is why I think this is a 50/50 affair. But if AB doesn't punch with him, then he'll lose by UD.

If he comes to fight, I think it'll be a SD either way (leaning towards Vargas).
              Money wise....and potential big boxing event, you know: trash talking aka selling the fight.....a Broner win would be best
              Broner vs Thurman
              Broner vs Spence
              Broner vs Crawford
              Alot of potential good events (boxing promotion) are possible if Broner wins. Substitute the Broner name for Vargas, and you gotta be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                How was Paulie past his prime at age 32? He looked the best he looked in a while when he fought Broner and it could be argued he won the fight. Paulie looked better there than in some of his fights I've seen when he was 25-26

I don't buy the whole Paulie was past his prime when he had just turned 32 years old a few months before facing Broner... That's still prime range.

Both of them lost when they stepped up to the elite level. This fight will basically determine who will be the career gatekeeper although both of them may end up with that status in the end especially if they stay at 147.
                paulie had just been dominated by cano in one of the worst robberies of recent time. yes paulie looked better against brone cause broner makes you look good cause he just stands there and doens't throw punches.

Comment

He beat Ali which is a better win than you’ve had probably ever.

Comment

Wait.. either have you Maidana embarrassed you, Porter won 9 rounds, Garcia won 12 rounds you lost when you stepped up looool

Comment

Originally posted by HURTFEELINGS View Post
                      Money wise....and potential big boxing event, you know: trash talking aka selling the fight.....a Broner win would be best
                      Broner vs Thurman
                      Broner vs Spence
                      Broner vs Crawford
                      Alot of potential good events (boxing promotion) are possible if Broner wins. Substitute the Broner name for Vargas, and you gotta be honest.
                      I agree. A Broner win will be best money wise but he would lose pretty badly to all three of those guys; especially to Spence and Crawford.

Comment

Working...
                      X