No announcement yet.

toronto blue jays will get to the playoffs in 2012

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• toronto blue jays will get to the playoffs in 2012

great young lineup from top to bottom. good young pitching staff & lights out back of the bullpen with cordero & santos finishing games...i see at least a wild card...this is the best jays team i've seen since the championship years of the 90s & we got some blue chip prospects in the pipeline who are knocking on the door & could force a trade or can be trading assets themselves. when cody rasmus is your #9 hitter you have a good lineup.AA the jays GM has done a fantastic job retooling all levels of the jays organization.

Dont let their impressive preseason record fool you

You might start out hot but will fade in the long run. Typical BJ season

Comment

not this year but next year they're going to make a splash...their farm talent is deeeeep.

Comment

Would be cool, but I don't see it happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
          Dont let their impressive preseason record fool you

You might start out hot but will fade in the long run. Typical BJ season
          i don't watch spring training because it means nothing. AA has completely changed the culture of this franchise in a couple of years. drafted well, made solid trades & refused to spend big money on the bullpen. always let the stopgap players on one year contracts walk so they could get extra draft picks. it's a miracle he was able to trade vernon wells contract & he put alex rios on waivers(at time risky with his decent contract & potential)who now sucks, he had evaluated the talent & hired the right coaches. he even gives all the credit to the hitting coach dwayne murphy for helping bautista who he had slotted down as a utility player. murphy made one small adjustment on bautistas swing & 98 hr in 2 years speaks for itself. marcum for lawrie is going to be brilliant. marcum is a solid top 3 starter so there was huge risk but lawrie is 22 oozing with 5 tool potential. corey patterson & dotel( who helped st 'louis win the WS)to the cardinals for colby rasmus who also is oozing with potential power & speed. things are looking really good if we can stay healthy. our only question mark is what we get from bottom 3 starting pitchers. we do have assets to aquire another top of the rotation starter if we need it.

Comment

I was at a Leaf game last week, and we were getting trounced by the Flyers 7-1, and the entire arena broke out a "Let's Go Blue Jays" chant. **** was amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by deliveryman View Post
              I was at a Leaf game last week, and we were getting trounced by the Flyers 7-1, and the entire arena broke out a "Let's Go Blue Jays" chant. **** was amazing.
              caught the highlights of that stinker. they quit in that game. it was so fuzzin' sad! once great franchise reduced to that....

Comment

They won't beat out the rays or angels for the final wild card spot,

Comment

Originally posted by the mesiah View Post
                  They won't beat out the rays or angels for the final wild card spot,
                  i don't think the yankees will make the post season. im more worried about boston then either the yankees, rays or angels.rays lack offence & the angels are also getting long in the tooth. yes they have pujols but he is 33 & let's see how he adjusts to a new league of pitchers. they also have several injury prone vets but they have a great starting 3...it's going to be great races in the AL...

Comment

With the extra spot, they got a chance. The AL Cent is weak so really you gotta figure Tigers, Angels, Rangers, Yankees, Rays, Bo Sox, and Toronto will be the teams in or on the verge.

Comment

Working...
                    X