Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce Eyeing Bryant Jennings Showdown for 7/13 O2 Bill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Joe Joyce Eyeing Bryant Jennings Showdown for 7/13 O2 Bill

Joe Joyce's third time stepping into the ring in 2019 will also serve as a step up in class. The 2016 Olympic Silver medalist and current unbeaten rising heavyweight from England is rumored to be heading towards a showdown with veteran contender Bryant Jennings. If made official, the two will collide July 13 at O2 Arena in London, England, on the same show as a pairing of unbeaten British heavyweights between Nathan Gorman and Daniel Dubois.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Jennings doesn't have much power, so he's somewhat safe for Joyce. He may be too quick, and too experienced in the pro ranks. Joyce can change the fight with one punch but that needs to happen early, otherwise he is looking at a long night and a possible loss.

Comment

Good step up for sure
      Will tell us more about Joyce

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
        Good step up for sure
        Will tell us more about Joyce
        it is not step up at all. Joyce already stopped Stieverne, this is something like Jennings.

But I guess it is hard to get better opponent for Joyce. I have read that Chisora, Povetkin, Kabayel and Parker turned down fight.

Comment

Joyce will look slowmo compared to jennings. But if he hits him it'll probaby be ko.

Kownaki vs joyce would also be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
            it is not step up at all. Joyce already stopped Stieverne, this is something like Jennings.

But I guess it is hard to get better opponent for Joyce. I have read that Chisora, Povetkin, Kabayel and Parker turned down fight.
            I read the same thing
            Ahhh Stiverne , you really think it’s not a step up fighting Jennings
            At this point in their career , I’d see it as a step up
            Stiverne looks done like fughin toast lol

Comment

Wow this zombie guy just want to beat up vulnerable names. Bermane, Ustinov and now Jennings? Who ness? Samuel Peter?

Comment

Jennings is a nice matchup. His punch resistance seems to have diminished a bit over the years. He seemed to be in the fight against Rivas at the time of the stoppage (although more due to Rivas' inactivity in a lot of rounds). I definitely think he has more left than that shell of a fighter Stiverne.

Joyce fights stiff and I expect Jennings to win some rounds before JJ ultimately walks through the punches and Jennings output diminishes, at which point Joyce stops the game, shopworn veteran.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                  Joyce fights stiff and I expect Jennings to win some rounds before JJ ultimately walks through the punches and Jennings output diminishes, at which point Joyce stops the game, shopworn veteran.
                  Same way I see it happening really........

Comment

Re

Jennings might want to rethink this ....he has taken some brutal stoppages, at the hands of Ortiz and Rivas.

Joyce is a hurricane of non-stop punching. If he can take thudding shots from Stiverne-and do an invincible pose -he will certainly walk through the offense of a near cruiserweight.

Comment

Working...
                    X