Officer Pulls Gun on Student Picking Up Trash Outside of Dorm Building

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
    I have a proposition for you.

I'll conduct the exercise. You just observe it, and then you state your opinion at the end.

I want to try something new, and hopefully fun and illustrative.

Sound interesting?.....

If so, I'll present my idea to you.
    Ok, I'm game.

Comment

Originally posted by betmen View Post

curious of how lounge's white supremacist gonna spin this one
      Damn. i wish the cop had a harsher ending.

Comment

JimRaynor
        BostonGuy

Comments?

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
          I think its important to uphold the constitutional rights of black citizens and all other citizens. Nobody benefits from innocent people being locked up.

When you guys are theorizing about what those Nazis want, you should always pause and ask if they would benefit. Locking up random innocent people in tax-funded detention centers and turning them into hardened criminals then eventually releasing them back into society? Nobody benefits, nobody wants it. It's a tragic thing that happens due to human error, not a conspiracy to cause universal harm to everyone. Racists are happy when black guys get accounting degrees so the perceived violent threat is removed.

I also think you're missing my point (perhaps on purpose).

Equal treatment is already in the law. There's no police policy saying to pay extra attention to blacks. It's something officers develop on their feet due to the much higher black violent crime rate. That bias is not going to disappear, ever probably.

After the last white Americans are gone do you think it will be at all different? You think the majority non-white police force isn't going to develop the same biases when they encounter the extreme differences in violent crime between asian/hispanic VS black communities?
          I'm not missing your point. You have no point. Either you support the police violating the Constitution or you don't. The police were wrong. This citizens rights were violated.

You can claim to support the Constitution but when you stray off topic to justify the police violating the Constitution in this case you don't really support it. Just keep it real.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
            But he did show his ID. It was returned to him at the end of the video.

Um....go look at the video again. Just know your rights and don't do anything illegal was not contradicted The video makes it clear who was in the wrong.

How can "know your rights and don't do anything illegal" be contradicted? So you should not know your rights and do something illegal???????

He handled it the right way and got a bad cop off the street. Props to him!
            That's great, props to him for getting a cop off the streets. That'll make everything safer for sure.

Now, this should be easy to understand. Was the guy abiding by the law? Did this incident occur? If the answers to both questions are yes, then you should be able to see how the idea of "don't do anything illegal and this won't happen" is contradicted.

There's an easy way, and a hard way to do this. Sure, the easy way involves me "submitting my rights" by carrying AND PRODUCING a piece of plastic with my photo, address, and DOB, but the hard way of me "standing up for my rights" to not be identifiable, involves police, tasers, guns, and maybe a funeral.

But hey, my family will know I was in the right as they're singing Amazing Grace...

Comment

JimRaynor
              BostonGuy

Comments?

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                Ok, I'm game.
                I'll engage Travesty on a point.

There will be back on forth, and at some point (fairly quickly, I'm almost certain) I'll rest my case leaving him the last word.

At that point you'll state your opinion that my point either stands or he refuted my point.

(Of course feel free to ask any questions or clarifications, and of course he'll have to play along, but I think I can get him to argue with me. )

Here's the skin in the game part.

If your opinion is that my point stands, you have to place him on ignore and never engage with him again (obviously he goes back on mine if this the case)

If your opinion is he refuted my point, I'll never ask you to put him on your Ignore List again, and you can argue with him til your fingers fall off.

You interested, or got any questions?

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
                  I'll engage Travesty on a point.

There will be back on forth, and at some point (fairly quickly, I'm almost certain) I'll rest my case leaving him the last word.

At that point you'll state your opinion that my point either stands or he refuted my point.

(Of course feel free to ask any questions or clarifications, and of course he'll have to play along, but I think I can get him to argue with me. )

Here's the skin in the game part.

If your opinion is that my point stands, you have to place him on ignore and never engage with him again (obviously he goes back on mine if this the case)

If your opinion is he refuted my point, I'll never ask you to put him on your Ignore List again, and you can argue with him til your fingers fall off.

You interested, or got any questions?
                  The Ignore Button challenge

Ok, I'm up for it

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                    Nothing you say gives justification for police officers with racial bias. It's known that whites have similar if not higher rates of drug offenses as blacks. So you're all for whites being randomly detained and searched?

I never thought I'd have to explain to any intelligent adult, or child for that matter, that police should not be racially biased. lol.
                    I'm living in the pacific northwest currently where the hippies fled after the demographic changes forced them out of California (which they ironically spearheaded).

There's a huge problem with drugs and broken homes and they tend to have a specific look, both genetically and in dress.

If you're a scruffy ginger guy standing around outside in the rain on a work day the cops are going to figure you're a junkie and in possession. Even if you're actually the maintenance guy. I'm an olive skinned/mediterranean guy with short hair and fitted clothing. I have minimal police interaction in those areas. I don't have the look.

That's not an official written policy. He's just a member of a group that causes disproportionate social harm and any cop who has lived in the area for a week adjusts their biases accordingly.

Black Americans would be the most extreme example because they're so over-represented in the most extreme crime categories.

You are refusing to separate written policy from the reputation groups willfully create for themselves & how it shapes the nuanced decisions of human officers.

It's not a problem you can actually fix on the grand scale with any written policy or disciplinary action. That may give you a sense of vengeance, but it won't make any significant social impact. As long as group C commits far more crime, they're going to be approached differently.
                    Last edited by ////; 06-09-2019, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                      I’m not referring to this incident as a violent community. I’m referring the cities like Chicago, Baltimore, Atlanta, etc. I know a lot guys on here get tired of hearing about Chicago murder rates any time a cop does wrong somewhere, but there is a sharp contrast in how much care and outrage is shown when black on black crime far exceeds incidents of police brutality. But these communities do not want a greater police presence and really don’t give a shyt about how many die until it’s a cop who does the killing, justified or not.
                      What does black on black crime got to do with police on citizen bs?

For the record, & I've said this numerous times previously, I'm pro-criminals killing each other. I think its good outside of the innocents who get caught in the crossfire & got to live in these communities.

And thats what this "black on black" shooting sh^t is largely in Chicago & other areas. The police need to be protecting the citizens who aren't involved in crime & in these communities doe & they need to be arresting these murderers more vs f#cking with people picking up trash & minding their own damn business less.

There is no saving very many of these cats killing each other. You just don't go from killing mfers to a job at the bank very often. These guys minding their own business who get f#cked with, assaulted sometimes & murdered every once in awhile is a mfing problem that doesn't got to do with any other problems.

Comment

Working...
                      X