Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will boxing make me skinny/lose my muscle?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the hell are you on about?

Metabolism refers to the chemical processes responsible for maintaining basic body functions such as breathing, cell building and digestion. These chemical reactions require energy, which comes from calories in food. Your metabolic rate is the number of calories you need each day to maintain these basic body functions. Everyone weighs a different amount of weight which is based off your diet. Genetics do play a small role in this but it's not the main factor, your diet is.

Someone who weighs 400lbs has a ridiculous metabolism compared to me. However, they weren't born like that, it's due to them weighing so much.

As for Arnold and what not, I wasn't recommending Jim to use any of the modern stuff, which are not steroids. Synthol is not an anabolic steroid.

And Anthony Joshua's height is totally irrelevent. If you want smaller fighters with equal flexibility; Mike Tyson, David Tua, James Toney? As I said, it's irrelavent how tall you are when the weight is as little as 200lbs. At 300lbs, sure Joshua would be an unfair example but 200lbs is nothing.
    Last edited by motivational; 05-31-2016, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by motivational View Post
      What the hell are you on about?

Metabolism refers to the chemical processes responsible for maintaining basic body functions such as breathing, cell building and digestion. These chemical reactions require energy, which comes from calories in food. Your metabolic rate is the number of calories you need each day to maintain these basic body functions. Everyone weighs a different amount of weight which is based off your diet. Genetics do play a small role in this but it's not the main factor, your diet is.

Someone who weighs 400lbs has a ridiculous metabolism compared to me. However, they weren't born like that, it's due to them weighing so much.

As for Arnold and what not, I wasn't recommending Jim to use any of the modern stuff, which are not steroids. Synthol is not an anabolic steroid.

And Anthony Joshua's height is totally irrelevent. If you want smaller fighters with equal flexibility; Mike Tyson, David Tua, James Toney? As I said, it's irrelavent how tall you are when the weight is as little as 200lbs. At 300lbs, sure Joshua would be an unfair example but 200lbs is nothing.
      Jesus Christ man...NOBODY SAID ANYTHING ABOUT 200LBS GIVING YOU BAD JOINTS. You don't know **** about metabolism. How is it that I have a fast metabolism if I enough food per day? That is genetics. All of the men in my family from me to at least my grandfather (including my dad 7 uncles and 4 great uncles) have all been skinny from childhood until late 20s? We ate vastly different diets. (My grandfather lived homeless on the streets of Chicago as a teen and I lived at home with a standard 2000-2500 calorie diet yet we are about the same size give or take an inch or two in height.) How do you explain that? Wouldn't I weigh more than he did according to you?

I don't understand how you don't understand the concept that bigger people can put on more weight than a smaller person. Two people, one 6'6" who on a 2000 calorie diet weighs 215 lbs and the other 5'10" who on a 2000 calorie diet weighs 130lbs. The bigger guy eats more and gets up to 270 at 10% bodyfat. The smaller guy will never be 270lbs at 10% bodyfat. There is no way. The body can't produce that much muscle, that's what I'm trying to tell you, not naturally at least. By you telling the guy to use steroids to gain some muscle is stupid because what if he wants to have the muscle for a long period of time? He has to keep using steroids and like I said even if he uses a little bit of steroids for a very long period he will see health problems in the future. You don't use steroids for years and get away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.DagoWop View Post
        Jesus Christ man...NOBODY SAID ANYTHING ABOUT 200LBS GIVING YOU BAD JOINTS. You don't know **** about metabolism. How is it that I have a fast metabolism if I enough food per day? That is genetics. All of the men in my family from me to at least my grandfather (including my dad 7 uncles and 4 great uncles) have all been skinny from childhood until late 20s? We ate vastly different diets. (My grandfather lived homeless on the streets of Chicago as a teen and I lived at home with a standard 2000-2500 calorie diet yet we are about the same size give or take an inch or two in height.) How do you explain that? Wouldn't I weigh more than he did according to you?

I don't understand how you don't understand the concept that bigger people can put on more weight than a smaller person. Two people, one 6'6" who on a 2000 calorie diet weighs 215 lbs and the other 5'10" who on a 2000 calorie diet weighs 130lbs. The bigger guy eats more and gets up to 270 at 10% bodyfat. The smaller guy will never be 270lbs at 10% bodyfat. There is no way. The body can't produce that much muscle, that's what I'm trying to tell you, not naturally at least. By you telling the guy to use steroids to gain some muscle is stupid because what if he wants to have the muscle for a long period of time? He has to keep using steroids and like I said even if he uses a little bit of steroids for a very long period he will see health problems in the future. You don't use steroids for years and get away with it.
        You don't know **** about metabolism. How is it that I have a fast metabolism if I enough food per day? That is genetics. All of the men in my family from me to at least my grandfather (including my dad 7 uncles and 4 great uncles) have all been skinny from childhood until late 20s? We ate vastly different diets. (My grandfather lived homeless on the streets of Chicago as a teen and I lived at home with a standard 2000-2500 calorie diet yet we are about the same size give or take an inch or two in height.) How do you explain that? Wouldn't I weigh more than he did according to you?
        I guarentee that if you eat at burger king everyday of the week from childhood to late twenties, you will not be skinny.

Jesus Christ man...NOBODY SAID ANYTHING ABOUT 200LBS GIVING YOU BAD JOINTS.
        Scroll down a couple of posts and have a look at what you said.

"I didn't say that being naturally 230 lbs wouldn't be detrimental to your joints. In fact it would"
        It's easy to be skinny, don't eat very much food. It doesn't take a bloody genius to work it out. Google "Basic metabolic rate" and read a couple of pages on it, then come back and continue aruging if you wish. Your family obviously eats a healthy diet and does a fair amount of exercise. That's not the case for every family. Metabolism is just an excuse for skinny people and fat people to moan about how it's not their fault that they have terrible bodies. It does exist, but it's nowhere near as bad as it's made out to be.

Height is completely genetics, however if you don't eat enough. You wont grow to your full potential and be as tall as you could be. I can't argue with you there.

[/QUOTE]

Two people, one 6'6" who on a 2000 calorie diet weighs 215 lbs and the other 5'10" who on a 2000 calorie diet weighs 130lbs.
        Firstly, the amount of calories you eat is dependent on your weight, not your height. So both men would weigh the exact same weight.

Two people, one 6'6" who on a 2000 calorie diet weighs 215 lbs and the other 5'10" who on a 2000 calorie diet weighs 130lbs. The bigger guy eats more and gets up to 270 at 10% bodyfat. The smaller guy will never be 270lbs at 10% bodyfat. There is no way. The body can't produce that much muscle, that's what I'm trying to tell you, not naturally at least.
        270 at 10% bodyfat isn't possible naturally but yes, you are correct with this idea. Tall people will weigh more due to their longer limbs and longer muscle bellies. They however, don't carry more muscle (I don't know if you were trying to say that they were, it was hard to tell ) It's just because they're taller they weigh so much more. It's like trying to say that Joshua would be stronger than Mike Tyson. Although Mike weighs far less, he'd kill Joshua in the ring and the gym.

By you telling the guy to use steroids to gain some muscle is stupid because what if he wants to have the muscle for a long period of time?
        He simply uses PCT and cycles off? I don't see how you find this hard to understand. Aslong as he never goes above his natural limit, he will be able to keep the muscle. I've seen valid proof of this from personnal experiences.

f he uses a little bit of steroids for a very long period he will see health problems in the future. You don't use steroids for years and get away with it.
        Ask anyone else on this forum who's knowledgeable on steroids. You can take them long term and have very little side effects. Some steroids are more dangerous than others though, you're definately right that some are extremely dangerous like trenbolone and anavar. However testosterone really isn't that bad, worst case scenario is you mess up your hormones and end up on TRT for the rest of your life.

Comment

In short. No.

Andre Berto. Google it.

Comment

I guarentee that if you eat at burger king everyday of the week from childhood to late twenties, you will not be skinny.

Scroll down a couple of posts and have a look at what you said.

It's easy to be skinny, don't eat very much food. It doesn't take a bloody genius to work it out. Google "Basic metabolic rate" and read a couple of pages on it, then come back and continue aruging if you wish. Your family obviously eats a healthy diet and does a fair amount of exercise. That's not the case for every family. Metabolism is just an excuse for skinny people and fat people to moan about how it's not their fault that they have terrible bodies. It does exist, but it's nowhere near as bad as it's made out to be.

Height is completely genetics, however if you don't eat enough. You wont grow to your full potential and be as tall as you could be. I can't argue with you there.

Firstly, the amount of calories you eat is dependent on your weight, not your height. So both men would weigh the exact same weight.

270 at 10% bodyfat isn't possible naturally but yes, you are correct with this idea. Tall people will weigh more due to their longer limbs and longer muscle bellies. They however, don't carry more muscle (I don't know if you were trying to say that they were, it was hard to tell ) It's just because they're taller they weigh so much more. It's like trying to say that Joshua would be stronger than Mike Tyson. Although Mike weighs far less, he'd kill Joshua in the ring and the gym.

He simply uses PCT and cycles off? I don't see how you find this hard to understand. Aslong as he never goes above his natural limit, he will be able to keep the muscle. I've seen valid proof of this from personnal experiences.

Ask anyone else on this forum who's knowledgeable on steroids. You can take them long term and have very little side effects. Some steroids are more dangerous than others though, you're definately right that some are extremely dangerous like trenbolone and anavar. However testosterone really isn't that bad, worst case scenario is you mess up your hormones and end up on TRT for the rest of your life.[/QUOTE]

I sincerely don't know where you learned that if two people eat the same amount of calories they will be the same weight. My friends are around the same height (an inch taller) and have 60+ pounds on me and they eat only 1500 calories a day. I eat 3000 calories per day and struggle to get up to 132. I burn only 200-300 calories from physical exercise. The rest is natural. They walk around miles everyday so they are burning calories.

I still never said anything about a 200lb man having bad joints. You're going to have to highlight it for me if it's even there.

I've taken biology classes all throughout high school and will be majoring in biology in college so you could say I know a thing or two about basal metabolic rate. Better than what you learned off of wikipedia.

Metabolism is a real thing and maybe you have a superiority complex because weight is put onto you easy but it is undeniable.

I am too tired to enlighten you on all of the biological processes that we have discussed but I'm sure you could find a pdf version of the standard college biology textbook.

Comment

I sincerely don't know where you learned that if two people eat the same amount of calories they will be the same weight. My friends are around the same height (an inch taller) and have 60+ pounds on me and they eat only 1500 calories a day. I eat 3000 calories per day and struggle to get up to 132. I burn only 200-300 calories from physical exercise. The rest is natural. They walk around miles everyday so they are burning calories.

I still never said anything about a 200lb man having bad joints. You're going to have to highlight it for me if it's even there.

I've taken biology classes all throughout high school and will be majoring in biology in college so you could say I know a thing or two about basal metabolic rate. Better than what you learned off of wikipedia.

Metabolism is a real thing and maybe you have a superiority complex because weight is put onto you easy but it is undeniable.

I am too tired to enlighten you on all of the biological processes that we have discussed but I'm sure you could find a pdf version of the standard college biology textbook.
              Your friend can exercise on 1500 calories a day? According to any BMR calculator, that's what a twelve year old 130lb girl needs to maintain her weight. Your body uses food as energy. The amount of energy it needs to function is dependent on its weight and the amount of exercise you do. At 1500 calories, you would barely be able to function or at the least move. Nevermind do actual exercise.

I eat 3000 calories per day and struggle to get up to 132.
              Okay, I overestimated a bit with the weight being the same with the same amount of calories but you'd expect them to be very similar. Not 60+ lbs for the same diet.

I struggle to understand how that when I'm closing in on 200lbs and bulking, I'm eating the same amount as you, yet you're almost half my weight. How do you need 3000 calories just to maintain 130lbs? I have no problem accepting that if it's true and to be honest, I'm far more knowledgeable at physical education and maths than I am with biology. But it makes no sense.

I do agree that metabolism is certainly a real thing, however there's no way that you can be 130 lbs at 3000 calories. I mean, it's just so much food, unless you have freakish genetics or you're exercising a crazy amount.

Comment

Your friend can exercise on 1500 calories a day? According to any BMR calculator, that's what a twelve year old 130lb girl needs to maintain her weight. Your body uses food as energy. The amount of energy it needs to function is dependent on its weight and the amount of exercise you do. At 1500 calories, you would barely be able to function or at the least move. Nevermind do actual exercise.

Okay, I overestimated a bit with the weight being the same with the same amount of calories but you'd expect them to be very similar. Not 60+ lbs for the same diet.

I struggle to understand how that when I'm closing in on 200lbs and bulking, I'm eating the same amount as you, yet you're almost half my weight. How do you need 3000 calories just to maintain 130lbs? I have no problem accepting that if it's true and to be honest, I'm far more knowledgeable at physical education and maths than I am with biology. But it makes no sense.

I do agree that metabolism is certainly a real thing, however there's no way that you can be 130 lbs at 3000 calories. I mean, it's just so much food, unless you have freakish genetics or you're exercising a crazy amount.

I swear man that I eat that much and am struggling to get up to 132. I count calories like a motherfvker. I'm not a skinny-fat type of guy, I'm actually pretty muscular for the weight. I've always been alot stronger than people around me (I adapted to the hostile environment you could say lol). The guys I told you about eat school breakfast and lunch (We're seniors) which adds to only about 600 calories from what it says on the labels. Whenever I hangout with them and we eat dinner at their place it's not that big and they eat a small snack after school so it only can account to 1500 calories at most and that's being generous.

My family has a history of being skinny bastards. It's a genetic thing usually around the late twenties early 30s I'll start to fill out. I think I might have Anemia too. I heard its a hereditary thing and I have most of the symptoms. I don't have health insurance and the last time I went to the doctor was the 8th grade when I had bronchitis for 2 weeks or else I would get it checked out. But I'm not too worried about that.

Comment

Steroids hahaha that's brilliant🙈😂😂😂😂😂

Comment

Working...
                  X