No announcement yet.

Someone please help me out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone please help me out

How should I box a fighter with a longer reach and who carrys more strength. What Kind of tactics do yall recommend.
    Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Try to get inside and pound the body I would think......

Comment

Challenge him to a game of golf.

Honestly, you have to bring the fight to him. Obviously if you stay outsdie you will be picked apart. You must press him, the best tool that you have are your eyes to do this. With your gloves held high you will need to move inside, slipping and catching his shots. The Tyson roll works well with these guys, but your feet must move in rythme with the rolling. If that doesnt work then just turn it into a war. I dont know your experience level and I dont know his level. The shot that always worked good for me was to get low and slip to your left under his jab while at the same time shooting the right hand straight into his ribs and then bring the hook upstairs.. This will hopefully take some of the fight out of him and slow him down so that you can get off on him. Good luck dude.

Rockin'

Comment

best way is to move in...usually move in when he pulls his punch back...always move in against a taller guy, move to get in, not punch

Comment

If you move in when his punch is coming back that will normally mean that another one is on the way. Nothing worse than walking into a shot.

You need to slip his shot and counter between his rythme of punches. Keep that head moving and the hands high.

Rockin'

Comment

I sparred a guy who had a tremendous reach advantage over me the other day. His first few jabs stuck me but I weeved my way in there and went for his body. He caught me with some overhand rights but after getting hit to the body too much he started blocking it so that allowed me to headhunt a little. I even managed to get a few jabs in. Once he got hip to my plan he tried keeping me away by using his jab. I just threw some jabs to kinda camoflauge the fact that I was coming in and bingo, I was in and started assaulting his body and head with hooks. At that range he had too much reach but no enough leverage. I was in control. Try what I just wrote. You'd be suprised at how many times you will hit him.

Comment

I'm more of a head hunter and I do hit body but I don't stay consistant with it. I guess when it comes to this fight I gotta put body punching as my number 1 priorty when I go to the gym.
              Thanks for your helpful feed, very much appreciated. Peace

Comment

Watch Mayweather vs corrales. Maybe not for power but hes a prime example.

Mayweather schooled him, i dont think you will be able to out jab him. So look for his body and when hes looking to block to the body..POW! start smacking him in his head lol.

Just watch out for his jab i suppose, and just keep moving.

Comment

reach

get inside and move,work the body.like tyson trainer said once if you work the body the head will fall off.

Comment

Working...
                  X