Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's win would be better for Boxing, Mayweather or Ortiz? Official Poll!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
    Joe Cortez
    Is it simply b/c he's the highest profile ref that has experience with Mayweather and can also speak Spanish? I mean, it's going to be really sad if a questionable call or refereeing has any influence on this fight's result. He's already going to be under a microscope with his name alone. Bad decision having Cortez ref this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
      No doubt, clearly the more versatile of the 3.
      I was on the wagon as soon as he knocked down Junior Witter and finished the fight strong. I felt really let down after the Alexander fight, however it's not at all fair to put all the blame on Bradley. I also think Khan and Ortiz offer a slight edge in terms of charisma.. I think the guy with the torch needs to be able do his part in a 24/7. I'm not sure Bradley has thaat much to offer in that respect.

He should really play up the Dessert Storm alias. Start naming his different punches after American military weapons or vehicles. Just up his out of ring entertainment value a touch.

Comment

Floyd winning. Because it keeps the hype for the Floyd vs Pac fight going strong. Pac needs (and he will) to beat JMM in a good dominating fashion as well. If and when Floyd and Pac fight it will be the biggest moneymaker in boxing history. EVERYONE will be watching that fight. Celebrities, athletes from different sports, I mean everyone.

If Floyd or Pac were to somehow lose before that match could take place it would take the luster out of the matchup.

Comment

Originally posted by 2stepshep View Post
          Floyd winning. Because it keeps the hype for the Floyd vs Pac fight going strong. Pac needs (and he will) to beat JMM in a good dominating fashion as well. If and when Floyd and Pac fight it will be the biggest moneymaker in boxing history. EVERYONE will be watching that fight. Celebrities, athletes from different sports, I mean everyone.

If Floyd or Pac were to somehow lose before that match could take place it would take the luster out of the matchup.
          But all that matchup will be is an expensive sparring session. You do know that they're gonna shamelessly over charge for it right? That fight will probably have a bill of about 70 bucks. That does not help boxing, it will hurt it even more because it will only be the beggining of even more expensive ppv's. If Ortiz wins, hopefully the ppv tab doesn't rise. If Floyd wins expect about a 20% RAISE in ppv price, bad for boxing.

Comment

Working...
          X