No announcement yet.

Why Floyd is WRONG...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gino Ros View Post
    Now , why would a grown man need to insult someone's mother? Someone he never met?

What does that say about you?
    ^^^^
    this coming from somebody who doesnt(?) insult people he still didnt meet yet, i call that the highest degree of HYPOCRISY!

Comment

great post!

I actually kinda agree with BOTH SIDES, yes their have been late bloomers in boxing but their have been guys who probably cheated their way to the top as well

lets take Margarito for example, just how long has he been using those Wraps? and what would have happened if Nazim Richardson never found them

Fans speak from a FANS POINT OF VIEW, so it is easy to say, "WHO CARES" when your not the one getting hit, it is easy to say "WHO CARES IF A FIGHTER IS ON ROIDS when your not the one getting in the ring

so no Mayweather is not completely wrong, yes you have LATE BLOOMERS, but you also have your CHEATERS and with all of these Supplements on and off the market now, I don't see anything wrong with trying to be a little more safe

how come the commission didn't catch that Plaster on Margarito? was they PAID OFF and was going to turn their heads and let Margarito go fight Mosley with them? lets not pretend like Boxing is NOT CORRUPT because it is
      Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 07-22-2011, 10:04 PM.

Comment

i think there is jealousy because of the love for pacman

its bcos he's more exciting

ali and tyson were exciting

floyd isnt

Comment

I agree with you to a certain extent guys like Hopkins and Martinez who start late its understandable but to be in the Pro for so long and then improve so much and take your game to an elite level in so little time is not the norm, of course there are exceptions and exceptional fighters who could do it but that almost never happens just on pure natural talents

Comment

Originally posted by tennis-legend View Post
            i think there is jealousy because of the love for pacman

its bcos he's more exciting

ali and tyson were exciting

floyd isnt

1) Do you consider Ray Leonard an ATG?

2) Do you consider Ray Leonard exciting?

Comment

I don't agree 100%, but it is possible to become better with age, just not if you were an okay fighter from age 15-24, then go up up in weight and start knocking out very big[but b and c class] fighters.

What Floyd is saying, is being taken out of context.

You can't bring Hopkins and Martinez in this, why? Because they started late So their prime came at a late age. If you start at 15, you're prime should be from age 19-28 years old, then you peak but you're not exactly past it or shot, you just become more beatable.

IMO Pacquiao was a very good fighter and his prime was in the lower weights. He showed he was not a GREAT fighter in his prime, just very good, by getting a lucky draw over Marquez and losing to Morales in the span of 04-05 and those were the best fighters he fought in that span, and he lost to them, then Raheem made Pac's loss to Morales look even worse, by beating Morales handily, and Raheem was an average fighter.

There's more to it than just, "You don't become a great fighter after 25", I think if you sit down with Floyd in a 1 on 1 conversation, you'll be able to understand where he's coming from better. If you bring up Martinez or Hopkins, all he'll ask is "But at what age did they start boxing?"

Comment

1. yes- but floyd and pac are ahead of him- better boxers

2. yes- his flurries were exciting, nt as powerful as pacquiao

Comment

I agree with your post to an extent. But the thing is the likes of Martinez and Bernard Hopkins rise to the top took time, whereas Pacquiao has dominated every single fight since Marquez - which is slightlhy odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Dedication View Post
                    I agree with your post to an extent. But the thing is the likes of Martinez and Bernard Hopkins rise to the top took time, whereas Pacquiao has dominated every single fight since Marquez - which is slightlhy odd.
                    watch Pac's fights BEFORE marquez. Pac has ALWAYS been a dominant fighter, with the exception of his three losses, and a controversial win or two.

Comment

Working...
                    X