Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Parkland survivor and MAGA teen gets Harvard scholarship rescinded over racial slurs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think it's necessarily fair that he lost his admission over this because if he posted it 2 years ago, Harvard should've already knew about this when they did a background check.

I also don't believe he has grown or changed in any way. The interviews I've seen he doesn't seem sincere.

I just tell both my kids to be very careful what they post because it never goes away.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      If he was 32 I'd probably be in 100% agreement with this line of thought. Being that he was a kid I suspect he's saying sh^t for all sorts of reasons that are less about his true stances & more about other sh^t & just not having a lot of life experience & even he doesn't know who he is.

I mean everyone is regretful when they get caught to one degree or another. That doesn't mean people aren't actually regretful & realize their mistake after the fact. I mean you often don't realize you f#cked up in the first place fully til other people til you or otherwise you wouldn't have did or said what you did. Or you don't realize how bad something was til others tell you how bad it is. This isn't uncommon anyway. Specifically when you are young.

Personally I'd hate to be defined by the ten worst things I did under the age of 25 let alone 16 & I don't think its really fair to judge people on the worst things they've said anyway. People are waaaaaaaay too into words over actions these days which I think is f#cking r3tarded. A cop can murder or assault a black citizen & receive less criticism from the masses as this kid is for saying the N word. To me thats something wrong in the world today, but its the status quo.

And again like I said I got no problem with this kid losing his scholarship, but all this defining of mfers over their dumbest mistake or among their dumbest mistake specifically when its some words type sh^t is some tired ass media promoted bs that ends with everyone being a villain &/or some soft ass indecisive super PC mfers being the only "good people" around cuz they are the only mfers watching their pronouns & guarding their speech 24/7/365 from birth to death to not offend anyway.

Idk man thats my rant anyway.
      I think being exposed and shamed might help him more than giving him a free pass because 2 years have passed since he wrote those messages.

He’s sorry he got caught, he may not even be really sorry about his thoughts towards black people. Just sorry he got caught and exposed.

A child molester is sorry when he gets caught, because he got caught. Given the chance again, to sleep with a child and get away with it, really good chance he does it.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
        I think being exposed and shamed might help him more than giving him a free pass because 2 years have passed since he wrote those messages.

He’s sorry he got caught, he may not even be really sorry about his thoughts towards black people. Just sorry he got caught and exposed.
        Again show me the mfer who's not sorry he got caught. Thats hardly saying anything meaningful.

And idk that we can even know his true thoughts based on these words. Words shouldn't define people as much as people try to make them define people specifically in their worse moments. Plenty of people have made mistakes like this & it didn't define them in the moment or in the future.

Hell man back in the day people were lucky cuz their words lived & died in the moment. If everyone on this site had all the SM & never dying conversationally tools we have today I bet 80% of this place would have equally bad or worse things that could be pulled up from when they were underage.

And the N word is among the least meaningful words to classify someone as a racist these days. Most mfers use the N word as its shocking to some people, mostly white people, more than its used to insult someone. Its most used in a friendly way or term of endearment type way among people of any race I'd argue in 2019. I live in Chinatown & I see Koreans calling each other the N word at least once a week ffs. I'm not offended. I don't see anyone else taking offense with it 99% of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          I don't think it's necessarily fair that he lost his admission over this because if he posted it 2 years ago, Harvard should've already knew about this when they did a background check.

I also don't believe he has grown or changed in any way. The interviews I've seen he doesn't seem sincere.

I just tell both my kids to be very careful what they post because it never goes away.
          It was a private text message. Wasnt posted publicly until one of his friends released it. It was sent just months before the shooting. This is how he feels about black people.

Comment

Im always amazed at how white people are willing to risk it all for racism. I mean all he had to do was not say the N word his whole life. But he just couldn't do it. It's just amazing to me how these youthful indiscretions by white people always seem to center around racism.

Comment

And the N word is among the least meaningful words to classify someone as a racist these days. Most mfers use the N word as its shocking to some people, mostly white people, more than its used to insult someone. Its most used in a friendly way or term of endearment type way among people of any race I'd argue in 2019. I live in Chinatown & I see Koreans calling each other the N word at least once a week ffs. I'm not offended. I don't see anyone else taking offense with it 99% of the time.
              Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              Im always amazed at how white people are willing to risk it all for racism. I mean all he had to do was not say the N word his whole life. But he just couldn't do it. It's just amazing to me how these youthful indiscretions by white people always seem to center around racism.
              I find these two opposing POV's very interesting.

One day I'm in my friend's car (he's black) and he's playing rap music with lyrics "N-word this...N-word that" and I ask him..."doesn't this offend you"? He just laughed.

Comment

I mean all he had to do was not say the N word his whole life.
                Is merely using a word make one racist? Are people of every race racist for merely using a racial word to or is the N word magical & other slurs are whatever?

This is some sh^t I never understand. And I say this sh^t a lot these days it seems like cuz people care more about words than actions. I see mfers getting murdered & assaulted by random cops who I never learn the names of yet this kid & others who say words outta their mouth seem to be a trending topic & plastered all over SM once a week these days. Too many mfers too worried about words instead of actions. Find me the names of some cops murdering mfers not this dork ass b^tch made kid who's trying to shock his friends more than he's legit racist I bet.

Comment

Is merely using a word make one racist? Are people of every race racist for merely using a racial word to or is the N word magical & other slurs are whatever?

This is some sh^t I never understand. And I say this sh^t a lot these days it seems like cuz people care more about words than actions. I see mfers getting murdered & assaulted by random cops who I never learn the names of yet this kid & others who say words outta their mouth seem to be a trending topic & plastered all over SM once a week these days. Too many mfers too worried about words instead of actions. Find me the names of some cops murdering mfers not this dork ass b^tch made kid who's trying to shock his friends more than he's legit racist I bet.
                  I once heard a lawyer say law school is kind of funny because one day you're like that kid over there is kinda racist and years later he's a judge

Comment

I once heard a lawyer say law school is kind of funny because one day you're like that kid over there is kinda racist and years later he's a judge
                    Quality question dodge.

Personnally I don't believe saying certain words makes ANYONE racist. I don't think defining racists is that easy. I wish it was that easy. Thats the mfing problem with real racism is it takes time &/or actions not just words to define.

Comment

Quality question dodge.

Personnally I don't believe saying certain words makes ANYONE racist. I don't think defining racists is that easy. I wish it was that easy. Thats the mfing problem with real racism is it takes time &/or actions not just words to define.
                      You're focusing on the outright visible actions of racism by police while ignoring the institutional racism within the whole system. You may not think saying a racist word makes someone racist but it does show bias. The system is full of Kyle's. They're not going to attend a KKK march, they're too refined for that and that is usually reserved for white trash. These are the HR managers, judges, prosecutors, middle managers, that are awash in the system. Of course saying the N word doesn't make them racist in their eyes. But saying it shows their inherent bias.

Comment

Working...
                      X