No announcement yet.

Why are Winning Gloves so expensive?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are Winning Gloves so expensive?

Is it because they're made overseas in Japan?

I was about to get a pair for the heavy bag(I saw most professional boxers using them so hey they have to be good) but when I saw the price, I went and bought these:

Awesome, awesome gloves, I do still wonder why the price is as ridiculous as it is

The quality of the leather Title is okay but these Winning or Reyes are made much better Kind of like a Nissan Sentra will work to get you around but than Compare that Nissian to a Lexus does the same gets you to point A to point B but the Lexus IS made better with a better ride

Comment

Because winning are superior gloves. the foam is incredible, you your knuckles rarely even pierce the inner layer, and the outside foam is very soft on sparring partners. A lot of pros use 12 oz winnings in sparring to get used to the higher speed while not dishing out too much damage.

When I see pro fights using Winnings I understand the massive disadvantage a "puncher" has in comparison to Reyes.

I remember Pacquiao lost to Morales with winnings on, and then koed him with Reyes. It makes a big difference once I owned both pairs.

Reyes fight gloves are more like hot paws winter mitts, you crack someone with those and your bare knuckles pierce the padding with ease, you can even break your hands if you don't have a good wrap.

8 oz winnings, I wanna say you could even get away sparring in them, but it would be a pretty rough session.

That being said, Winning are definitely a superior glove to Reyes as well. Grants seem to have gone pure custom now, haven't tried the new ones but they cost as much as winnings now.

Comment

I've heard incredible things about Winning. Guys use them who typically have hand injuries, since it protects them so well. I've yet to find a reseller up here though, and I'm not gonna drop $100+ on a pair of gloves that I haven't even tried on.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
          Because winning are superior gloves. the foam is incredible, you your knuckles rarely even pierce the inner layer, and the outside foam is very soft on sparring partners. A lot of pros use 12 oz winnings in sparring to get used to the higher speed while not dishing out too much damage.

When I see pro fights using Winnings I understand the massive disadvantage a "puncher" has in comparison to Reyes.

I remember Pacquiao lost to Morales with winnings on, and then koed him with Reyes. It makes a big difference once I owned both pairs.

Reyes fight gloves are more like hot paws winter mitts, you crack someone with those and your bare knuckles pierce the padding with ease, you can even break your hands if you don't have a good wrap.

8 oz winnings, I wanna say you could even get away sparring in them, but it would be a pretty rough session.

That being said, Winning are definitely a superior glove to Reyes as well. Grants seem to have gone pure custom now, haven't tried the new ones but they cost as much as winnings now.
          I've always used Reyes and one thing I've noticed is that Inoue uses Winning gloves. Imagine how hard that kid must hit in a pair of Cleto Reyes

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
            Got some 16oz Reyes over Christmas which I'll be using for the first time on pads this week. Sparring on Saturday with my trainer which is much lighter than me (I'm 105kgs, he's 70kgs but a pro fighter) - will be interesting to see how much of a difference he feels compared to the fuller gloves I was using before.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
              I've heard incredible things about Winning. Guys use them who typically have hand injuries, since it protects them so well. I've yet to find a reseller up here though, and I'm not gonna drop $100+ on a pair of gloves that I haven't even tried on.
              Yes, very highly sought after by people with hand problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Le_Grand View Post
                Got some 16oz Reyes over Christmas which I'll be using for the first time on pads this week. Sparring on Saturday with my trainer which is much lighter than me (I'm 105kgs, he's 70kgs but a pro fighter) - will be interesting to see how much of a difference he feels compared to the fuller gloves I was using before.
                they are nice gloves, but Reyes sparring gloves are different than Reyes fight gloves. 16 oz reyes from Mexico are actually pretty heavy and padded. Some reyes bought in north america avery very flat and wide, pretty hard hitting for sparring gloves. I can't actually confirm this, just going by experience.

Reyes fight gloves compared to winning fight gloves is like night and day though.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
                  Yes, very highly sought after by people with hand problems.
                  Or in Japan. Pretty sure every Japanese fighter wears winning just out of support for a Japanese boxing company (unless they have a contract)

Similar to how you’ll see everyone out of Canada in Rival gear. Especially coming out of Montreal.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    Or in Japan. Pretty sure every Japanese fighter wears winning just out of support for a Japanese boxing company (unless they have a contract)

Similar to how you’ll see everyone out of Canada in Rival gear. Especially coming out of Montreal.
                    And Adidas in Germany

Comment

Working...
                    X