Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you think Mosley was going to beat Margarito?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nah, thought he was going to get battered and Tony's chin was too solid for Shane to crack but we all saw what happened.

Comment

I seen it a mile away

Comment

Another thing, I kept thinking about how Cotto couldn't handle Margarito's physicality but was able to hold his own against Mosley in that department, really thought Margarito was gonna be physically stronger than Mosley. That's another miscalculation I made. I should have considered that Mosley has a hell of a right hand where as Cotto doesn't have much of one.

Amazing performance by Shane.

Comment

No..................

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
            Not at all but thinking back, I should have given Mosley more of a chance considering Margarito is easy to hit.
            Me too. Looking back at it now I'm ashamed I written Mosley off. Shane put on a masterful performance and "Swam without getting wet."

Comment

The reason I didn't see it coming is because I'm not sure anyone had attempted the strategy that Mosley employed on Margarito...and certainly not from someone of Shane's caliber. I was pretty drunk at the Shane-Mayorga fight andI never went back to watch it a second time... so I never put that fight in the same context with Margarito until after the fact.... it was the exact same strategy he employed against Mayorga, similar style of fight and turned out to an excellent tune-up

Comment

One of my favorite fights.

i didnt follow as closely then, but i wouldve thought shane would win because he was my favorite from the knockout kings/fight night games

Comment

I thought Mosley would get to the end based on his toughness but probably get outworked based on how terrible he looked at points of that Mayorga fight. Even though he looked great also at points of the Mayorga fight it was tough to see that sort of inconsistency working out against Margarito who was known for his consistent effort.

Comment

Fighters with hand speed always trouble Margarito. I thought Mosley was going to destroy that bum.

Comment

Uhm, I don't know what the concionseous here is but Tony WAS a gonna murder Mosley...

It wasn't until he got caught with that **** on his wraps, I think that made him panic and lose focus on the fight... You could tell he was out of it from the get go. Like he knew he was in trouble "legally" so he just wasn't there mentally

Morley got lucky imho

Comment

Working...
                      X