Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Im confused about the WEIGHT of Pacquiao.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erik18 View Post
    Hasn't ALL of Pacs opponents at welterweight been bigger than him?
    yes exept Oscar De La Hoya (which was his own fault).

Comment

Originally posted by O.S.I.R.I.S View Post
      Imdazed he weight 142 before eating two meals to make 145 for his weigh in for Clottey. That is only 7lbs off.....which would be nothing for him to shed if he got off that high calorie diet, and cut water weight like most fighters do.
      I don't think any of that was water weight.

Comment

yes exept Oscar De La Hoya (which was his own fault).
        DLH wasn't too different. How much more did he weigh on fight night? He might've even weighed less.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
          I read the whole thread. People are making good points. I just dont understand how he is beating bigger men. You step in at WW it is what is.
          The guys he is fighting are simply larger(heavier) than him while they are in the ring fighting.....that is how.

Comment

Imdazed he weight 142 before eating two meals to make 145 for his weigh in for Clottey. That is only 7lbs off.....which would be nothing for him to shed if he got off that high calorie diet, and cut water weight like most fighters do.
            Not only that, but he had to stuff himself before the weigh-in. He was running late and we asked Roach "Wheres Pacquiao at?" and he says "He's still eating." Who else does that?

Comment

Originally posted by Erik18 View Post
              Hasn't ALL of Pacs opponents at welterweight been bigger than him?
              No.

He weighed more then Oscar.

When Pac was at th lower weights he was the bigger fighter in a lot of his fights. Which means he was draining. Which also means that he was really a JWW-WW already.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                Absolutely not. Oscar in his prime, and even after he peaked, was a better all around fighter than Pacquiao. You are very mistaken if you believe that Pacquiao would whoop De La Hoya regardless. DLH looked sickly and even Roach commented that he was happy to see DLH look so sickly with IV marks and how his jaw line was easily visible.

I don't see where the confusion is - he has always outweighed his opponents on fight night. The only people who say what you quoted up in your original post is *******s who really don't know anything.

They hear Arum say Manny's a little guy beating big guys, and they will repeat that as if it's gospel when in reality he's a little guy fighting littler guys.
                He would still beat a prime Oscar. Eveyone knows Oscar struggles against southpaws and with Pac's speed and Power...I wouldn't be shock if Manny stopped him. (I feel Manny would UD him 8-4)

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
                  I read the whole thread. People are making good points. I just dont understand how he is beating bigger men. You step in at WW it is what is.
                  If P-Will fights Dirrell at 168. Is Dirrell the bigger guy?

Comment

Originally posted by -The Glove- View Post
                    Not only that, but he had to stuff himself before the weigh-in. He was running late and we asked Roach "Wheres Pacquiao at?" and he says "He's still eating." Who else does that?
                    Why would he need to do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                      The guys he is fighting are simply larger(heavier) than him while they are in the ring fighting.....that is how.
                      This ^ ^ ^

its really not that complicated

Comment

Working...
                      X