No announcement yet.

A Prime Joe Louis vs Rocky Marcaino

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Prime Joe Louis vs Rocky Marcaino

How does a prime Joe Louis fair against the Rock?????

Any1??????

Comment

Louis by knockout

Comment

Look at my avy. Marciano had his number.

Louis was knocked down and hurt often by bums who couldn't finish. Marciano would no doubt hurt Louis and finish him off brutally in the later rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by KostyaTszyu View Post
          Louis by knockout
          Louis was by far the better fighter. The Old Mongoose came close to knocking out Rocky so it is possible that Louis would KO Rocky.
          It would be a good fight. Louis won some rounds against Marciano.

The only question is -- would Marciano KO Louis in round 13 as he did Walcott?

Overall I think that Rocky matches up better with Ali than he did with Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by Slimey Limey View Post
            Look at my avy. Marciano had his number
            Yes a 28 year old Marciano did have Louis' number when he was 37 years old....

Comment

A prime Louis would hurt Rocky...

Comment

Joe Louis would have KO'd him to be honest.

Comment

Originally posted by bklynboy View Post
                  Louis was by far the better fighter. The Old Mongoose came close to knocking out Rocky so it is possible that Louis would KO Rocky.
                  It would be a good fight. Louis won some rounds against Marciano.

The only question is -- would Marciano KO Louis in round 13 as he did Walcott?

Overall I think that Rocky matches up better with Ali than he did with Louis.
                  How the hell did Archie come close to knocking Rocky out? Because he had a flash knockdown in which Rocky was clearly off balance? And then found himself to be a punching bag for several rounds before being stopped.

If so Louis was "almost knocked out" a load of times because even bums like Tony Galento have managed to hurt or knock him down.

Joe Louis was brutally knocked out twice in his career. One in which he was in his prime. You cannot have that kind of vulnerability against Rocky. Joe was a little over 10 pounds heavier than Marciano so he had no size advantage either.

Originally posted by The Iron Man View Post
                  Yes a 28 year old Marciano did have Louis' number when he was 37 years old....
                  Marciano has a better chin, more stamina and he can actually finish fighters off when they're hurt unlike the BUMS that have been able to hurt Louis.

Everybody look at the avatar. Stare at it.

Comment

10 fights i'd fancy Louis to win 7 Marciano to win 3.
                    Louis is the better fighter but he did have some *****s that Marciano could exploit for sure.
                    The Louis Marciano fight they did have should have no bearing on this discussion it was the Ali v Holmes of their generation.

Comment

Working...
                    X