• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kid Gavilan The Cuban Hawk Highlight!

ENJOY!

Originally posted by Southpaw16bf View Post

ENJOY!
    Brll nice 1 Southpaw Gavilan is a highly overlooked WW he has some great names on his record not to mention that its believed he should have got the D against Robinson but he has to be up with the all time greats in WW god bless Cuba for giving 2 great WW Benny "Kid" Paret.
    If it were a battle of the hawks Gavilan v Pryor who would win?

Comment

Kid Gavilan is one of the most underrated Fighters in Boxing History. Gavilan was a very clever boxer with outstanding footwork, a rock chin( never stopped and only dropped once in 143 fights). A very sharp combination puncher with quick hands and reflexes.

Gavilan dropped two close decisions to Sugar Ray Robinson then went on to win the Welterweight Title by outboxing Johnny Bratton and making 7 successful Title defences before being robbed against Johnny Saxton.

At his peak between 1949 - '54, Gavilan was unbeaten in 28 fights. He also beat Boxing Legends and HOF'ers Carmen Basilio, Ike Williams and Beau Jack.

Comment

You see Gavillan fight and you are still amazed at his speed and combination punchs. The guy was badass, Pryor would not be able to hang with Gavilan is my guess.

Comment

Originally posted by ferocity View Post
          You see Gavillan fight and you are still amazed at his speed and combination punchs. The guy was badass, Pryor would not be able to hang with Gavilan is my guess.
          This would be one 'Bad-Ass Fight' to watch! Put it this way, somebody's getting knocked out that night!

Comment

It is known that ike williams became the first man to drop gavilan, now i'm not sure if it's true.

Comment

Working...
            X