3. Larry Holmes
    4. Jack Johnson
    5. Rocky Marciano
    6. Joe Frazier
    7. Jack Dempsey
    8. Lennox Lewis
    9. George Foreman
    10. Mike Tyson
    I'd like to clarify that this is not intended as a H2H list, since how would X fighter do against the ATG's is a current theme in the section

Ali, Louis and Holmes I feel all displayed a remarkable combination of skill and achievement, easiest part of my rankings.

From then on, all of my fighters are closer to being off the list than in the top 3, i

Johnson, color barrier and utter dominance over his era has to recognized.
    Marciano's 49-0 mark remains a magical number that has yet to be matched
    Frazier was the highest level of an unrelenting swarming force the sport has seen, culminating with the Fight of the Century. For all the talk of his weakness against power punchers, remember that it did take George Foreman to expose this.
    Dempsey, did so much to advance the sport with the celebrity status he attained. His aggressive style not only was popular with fans, but it really transformed the division from the wars of attrition that had previously dominated.
    Lewis defeated every man he faced. His size and power make him a matchup nightmare.
    Foreman. Following his destruction of Frazier and Norton, has any heavyweight ever seemed more invincible? The 2nd title win at 46, after a 10 year break from boxing is one of the great stories in sports history.
    Tyson: At his best he possessed a freakish combination of speed and power that looked to be too much for any fighter in history to handle. Sadly, this version of Tyson was never tested to see how he would handle adversity, so we have to assume he wouldn't have handled it well, as thats all the evidence we have to go by.

Comment

• Originally posted by katsidis View Post
      1- Muhammad Ali
      2- Lennox Lewis
      3- Wladimir Klitschko
      4- Joe Louis
      5- Evander Holyfield
      6- George Foreman
      7- Vitali Klitschko
      8- Larry Holmes
      9- Joe Frazier
      10- Mike Tyson
      Wlad & Lennox over Louis?

Comment

• Originally posted by lastrealfan View Post
        top ten

1 Holyfield[
        2 Ali
        3 Louis
        4 Foreman
        5 Tyson
        6 Frasier
        7 Marciano
        8 Dempsey
        9 Lewis
        10 Bowe

Comment

• Look,I'm a big Lennox Lewis fan but you can't put him way up there like you do,
          simply because he got knocked cold by two average fighters in Oliver MCcall and
          Haseem Rahman......period!..If Ali got knocked cold by Cleveland Williams he would
          never be in the top ten...period...avenging a loss 1000x doesn't erase the damage.

Comment

• I appreciate Tommo1 work in this thread, providing some needed balance. Granted, he was a bit extreme but it was necessary.

Comment

• I think if I put my list I'd be called stupid, racist and ignorant -- thus, I won't do it. When I joined I thought it is a bit different place here, after reading some threads, not so sure. I will mention only that neither Clay nor Louis are on top of my list.

Comment

• yeah darius you have a right

Comment

• great list

Comment

• Originally posted by Dariusz View Post
                    I think if I put my list I'd be called stupid, racist and ignorant -- thus, I won't do it.
                    Perhaps because said list would be stupid, racist and ignorant?

Comment

• Neither Clay nor Louis would not be on your list?..I'd love to know how ANYONE could
                      eliminate both of them from the top 10...When you do the math,they both must be
                      included.

Comment

Working...
                      X