No announcement yet.

El Maja

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RyunosukeRonin View Post
    Raw is a on-point desrciption he seems rigid w/no real craft , throws everything hard, he got tagged with almost everything the other guy threw
    Good observation. I've noticed that, too. Socarras needs to work on a lot of things. He gets wild, and doesn't pay enough attention to his defense. But the kid is very young and he does have ability, in my opinion. It'll just be a while before we know his true potential. Right now, Hairon is still fighting weak opposition.

Comment

He is a very tanlented and young prospect..

Comment

he is green but let him develop, let him fight on espn for another 4 years and then lets see if we can bring him up to the big leagues

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87
          he is green but let him develop, let him fight on espn for another 4 years and then lets see if we can bring him up to the big leagues
          ESPN till he's 24? **** no. If he's not on a major network by 22 or 23 I'll be real disappointed.

And lol @ at the guy who said he beats Mares. Slow down cowboy. Comments like that is why people start talking bad of Cuban fighters.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC
            Quote:

Originally Posted by 1PunchKOPOW!

He's great for TV and has a pretty good size for a 20 year old FW.

He just needs to tighten up and stop being so reckless.

I didn't catch Socarras's last fight on FNF; but, from what I've seen up to this point, I agree with what you're saying. Hairon looks promising, but he's still very raw. I've seen many other fighters I thought were promising that didn't amount to anything. I'm watching the kid, but we need to see a few more fights before we gain a clearer picture.
            It wasn't one of his impressive wins but nonetheless a very good win over another prospect. That's 2 in a row now.

Comment

If I had to choose Braulio Santos has a higher ceiling.

Maybe in a year or 2 they can meet in a contender/pretender type fight.

Comment

I do believe he's learning on the job.....anybody know his amateur status? Did he even have an amateur career? Keyword being career, not just a couple of fights....I honestly don't know. I do see improvements though and he gets tagged but its in such a way that he doesn't really seem to be running from the attack rather than receiving and figuring out how to work with it. So from what I see he's definitely trying to improve his eyes and refine his craft. Rather than just exploit what he can already do. Just my 2¢

Comment

He fought as an amateur in Cuba AND the US. He was born over there then migrated here. I just cant remember how old he was when he got to the states. I think I heard he was like 12ish.

Comment

Yeah I just watched last nights ESPN and atlas mentioned he had 100 some odd fights.

Comment

He looks promising kind of but he's very young has a lot of on the job training and convincing to do.

Comment

Working...
                      X