Did you guys know that Vivian Harris retired? Was he a GOAT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did you guys know that Vivian Harris retired? Was he a GOAT

Here is Harris statement, he retired on October -

“I would like to thank God and Jesus Christ for a great boxing career that I achieved the world title and defended it four times. After my fight last night I realize that I do not have the desire and hunger anymore because I am no longer performing in the ring to the best of my abilities that I have been blessed with. I wanna thank my family and friends that stayed with throughout my career and still believe in me and support me in my decision. I wanna thank everybody in the boxing world that have gave me the opportunities to become champion of the world and to have some greats fights that my fans will remember about me. I will be helping the next generation of boxers that have the desire to be the next champions of the world. God bless all of you and cheers as they say in England.”

Vivian Harris, the boxing equivalent of a two year old pint of milk….way past its sell by date. Never the same since Junior Witter beat the crap out of him.

He wasn't very good but he made it further than most people who lace up a pair gloves and he was able to do what he loves for a living. That in itself is a great achievement.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      He wasn't very good but he made it further than most people who lace up a pair gloves and he was able to do what he loves for a living. That in itself is a great achievement.
      I agree. He was not that good but he was not that bad. He did become a champion and that is more than most pros ever achieve. He fought clean and hit hard and his fights were entertaining. I hope he saved lots of money and has a long happy life.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        I agree. He was not that good but he was not that bad. He did become a champion and that is more than most pros ever achieve. He fought clean and hit hard and his fights were entertaining. I hope he saved lots of money and has a long happy life.
        Nope. Had his purse from the Ortiz fight almost completely garnished because of money owed on a loan.

Comment

Career b level fighter who loses to b,c level fighters .. No real punching power or punch resistance equals bad combo..

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
            Nope. Had his purse from the Ortiz fight almost completely garnished because of money owed on a loan.
            So he's no different than 70% of other athletes that go broke. Harris had heart and picked up a trinket along the way. Not bad for a C level fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              I was afraid of that. When it comes to hanging on to the large sums of money they make pro boxers usually spent it all instead of saving some money for their future. Some use the money wisely but most just find a way to spend it all.

Comment

Remember the Mayweather vs Harris hype?

Floyd needs to stop ducking Vivian Harris.

If only Carlos Maussa didn't take his soul.

Comment

Why do people ask is someone a GOAT? G.O.A.T=GREATEST OF ALL TIME,there can only be 1

Comment

Working...
                  X