Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When ranking fighters, do you go by OFFICIAL decisions or who you think won?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When ranking fighters, do you go by OFFICIAL decisions or who you think won?

If there is a controversial decision such as Pacquiao Bradley, do you keep Pacquiao at his current p4p status because you feel he won OR do you drop him and bump up Bradley because Bradley "won"

I feel like the only way to be consistent is to go with the official decision. If I were to go by who I thought won the fight, then my bias for my favorite would come into play for any close fight. Which is the argument I feel most people have for having Pacquiao dropped in the p4p rankings

Depends on how bad the decision was.

I thought Hopkins beat Jermain Taylor but didn't feel it was an outrageous decision. So I probably wouldn't give him credit for a win there.

I felt Pernell Whitaker beat Chavez and Jose Luis Ramirez and consider those wins on his resume. I don't give him credit for a win over Oscar because it was a closer fight.

Comment

why would you go by the official decision if it's clearly wrong?

Comment

Well there is no way on this planet that Pacman is a better fighter than Martinez, Floyd, or Ward.

So whether he officially lost to Bradley, (or you think he won), I do, doesn't mean anything. Pfp means the best fighters regardless of weight. He gets walked by more than just them. The ship has sailed, popularity doesn't mean pfp, Ward is the man now.

Comment

In the case of Pac-Marquez it's both.

Pac kept his spot because he officially won while Marquez went up in rankings because a lot of people thought that he was the unofficial winner.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
            why would you go by the official decision if it's clearly wrong?
            agreed, Marquez beat Pacquiao and Pacquiao beat Bradley, boxing fans know.

Comment

I only go by official decision. In 100 years, the history books will say L or W, and our opinions won't mean ****.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                I only go by official decision. In 100 years, the history books will say L or W, and our opinions won't mean ****.
                For all you know between now and then erroneous decisions will be reviewed and corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  agreed, Marquez beat Pacquiao and Pacquiao beat Bradley, boxing fans know.
                  This is why i go by both

Comment

i think i go by a bit of both, but depends on situation. If underdog won close but controversial fight i will use that to rank him a bit higher, but if the clear favorite won controversially i dotn use it to rank him higher.

Comment

Working...
                    X