James Toney

Mickey Walker

Comment

........Duran

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
        James Toney

Mickey Walker
        yeah great one jabs mick walker 5 foot 7 natural welterweight got as high as number 7 in the heavyweight ranking

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          James Toney

Mickey Walker

Those are good choices. I believe Bobby Czyz also boxed way out of his weight class.

Comment

Simon Brown from Jamacia apparently had a bad diet but I don't know if that's the reason he jumped weight classes or not.

The obvious choice is James Toney who literally ate junk food on a regular basis even in training camps during his prime.

People like Duran and in recent years Ricky Hatton who put on ridiculous weight between fights and his diet in particular between fight was atrocious.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              Simon Brown from Jamacia apparently had a bad diet but I don't know if that's the reason he jumped weight classes or not.

The obvious choice is James Toney who literally ate junk food on a regular basis even in training camps during his prime.

People like Duran and in recent years Ricky Hatton who put on ridiculous weight between fights and his diet in particular between fight was atrocious.
              Unlike Duran, Hatton doesn't really qualify here. He never fought above Welter, & spent almost his entire career at one weightclass. Hatton was just as good at cutting down as he was at blowing up. "The Monastery," he used to call his time in camp, where he would call on the discipline of a Saint. In an odd way, it's impressive he could have such a care-free streak towards diet & alcohol, yet turn it around so quickly when asked to. We'll see if he can keep it in-check in retirement, where there are no big paydays to focus his mind. I doubt it. Michael Carbajal was aother who could really pack it on & went through absolute hell to make Flyweight.

Someone more appropriate than Hatton, IMO, would be Vargas. Even though he made 154 for most of his career, he ran right upto Super-Middle by the end. Felix Trinidad also had weight troubles & fought his last bout at Light-Heavy.

Comment

Working...
              X