Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: David Price: Massive Risk For Joshua To Face Ruiz in Fall Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NoConcoms View Post
    I love how all of you are talking about Ruiz's lack of power and slapping punches.

It was Ruiz's SPEED and counterpunching ability that Joshua couldn't deal with. Joshua simply CANNOT fight on the inside with Ruiz.

And I don't see him jabbing and throwing the occaisional right hand while moving to his right for 12 rounds.

Joshua is going to have to exchange at some point, and he'll get countered, and stopped again.

I don't see him becoming a defensive wizard over the next 4 or 5 months. He's there to be hit. And Ruiz will hit him again. And win again.
    So true. That's it for Joshua.

Comment

Originally posted by Palakin Stu View Post
      So true. That's it for Joshua.
      So many casuals in here. Anyone who's actually sparred or trained, knows AJ is cooked in a rematch. He just doesn't have the style to beat Ruiz.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
        How did he beat Povetkin? Watch the Povetkin vs Josh bout again from the 4th rd and tell me he doesn’t know how to throw jabs.

He has activated the rematch and it’s happening. No going back.
        Povetkin gas out and Joshua capitalized on it aj was losing the fight entering round he scored ko.... Ruiz doesn’t have stamina issues and was the one backing Joshua up pinning him in corners

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
          Yes you are quite right, Joshua has already been in situations that proved he could handle pressure - Price seemed unusually fragile mentally in the Thompson years. As to why Joshua appeared nervous before Ruiz, who knows, but as Hearn said (accurately), the rematch will be the true test of his character.

Price showed that he eventually recovered mentally in the Povetkin fight (and others) where he didn't fight scared any more - he gave Povetkin as good as he got for a while (even rocking him) before his physical deficiencies decided the outcome.
          David Price has still not fully recovered, but he has evolved into a different fighter and man. I think after big loses trying to return totally to former ways is not the way to recover, you have to evolve and become stronger in more than one way. I can remember when David Haye during his last fight? Was rehiring his old strength and conditioning coach, wearing the same shorts I think? They he wore to beat valuev in or very similar, I knew there and then that? Haye was searching for something inside of himself, not only was his body destroyed but something inside was gone to 'You can see post retirement how he has evolved, Last two loses hit him hard but? He went how in a blaze, fighting until the end' But that inner belief that I always associated with The Hayemaker was some place else.

I noticed how he is happy go lucky, and distances himself from he Hayemaker 'I thought he was a tad two nice to Bellew in retirement', amusing the way he was really pumped just moments after Ruiz beat Joshua.

I think the only way Joshua will grow from this, is to return to the scene of the crime and beat Ruiz Junior in America. People are all complaining over super-fights being destroy, I disagree? Themes and drama is all being created from this, and I think it is intriguing and exciting.

Not a massive supporter of Joshua, but I have been impressed of late.

I think he will win the rematch.

Comment

No tune-up. He’ll knock Ruiz out in the rematch.
            U sound very confident...But what makes u think that...seeing that he just got his ass beat. And showed bad defense, and stamina.

He prolly will win if he fights smart. But he doubt he KOs him

Comment

AJ will beat him only with a good trainer that can train him fighting a guy like Ruiz. Who is not that great to be honest, I mean Parker beat him and i am sure Povetkin would beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by SchoolTheseCats View Post
                Povetkin gas out and Joshua capitalized on it aj was losing the fight entering round he scored ko.... Ruiz doesn’t have stamina issues and was the one backing Joshua up pinning him in corners
                Lol, it’s about Povetkin gassing out from the 4th rd now. But when Josh looked lethargic before the fight and already gassed out before entering the ring on Saturday, it’s because he’s an overrated flawed boxer. You lot need to make your minds up.

Ruiz also gassed out in 4th rd and he was breathing heavily. And there were moments when he put his hands down to get some rest because he was tired during the fight, lol. Trust me, if Josh wasn’t badly hurt, he would’ve destroyed him.

Comment

Yes, they want to see him start lining up from the back to get another shot.

Even if he were to lose in the rematch, he’d bow out gracefully whilst making ****load of money. So the risk is worth it since a lot of bizarre things happened in the first fight. But if he leaves it, it’s going to take him a long time to get back to where he’s now. He might as well just take the gamble.

I’ve watched the bout again like 7 times and despite not being himself and fighting like an amateur throwing hooks everywhere, without the hard slap to the temple, he would’ve beaten Ruiz. Ruiz’s punches don’t carry that much power and it’s just a flurry of big slaps.
                  Ruiz has been noted by many to have hands of stone. Dude broke Parkers jaw during sparring. So I think he carries a lot more power than you think clearly since he hurt AJ

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
                    U sound very confident...But what makes u think that...seeing that he just got his ass beat. And showed bad defense, and stamina.

He prolly will win if he fights smart. But he doubt he KOs him
                    Anyone with a decent chin would’ve in the top 20 would’ve mopped the floor with the Josh that fought on Saturday.

The fight is on YouTube, just watch it again. Ruiz didn’t do anything special, he was just slapping flurries around.

I believe he’ll knock him out. His punches are gonna have more sting and Ruiz also has bad cardio. So if he keeps coming forward and throwing a flurry of punches, he would be tired by the 5th rd. Josh just need to fight behind his jab and move like he did against Parker. Then use the uppercut at least twice in every rd whenever Ruiz comes forward and leaves himself open.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtyApe View Post
                      Ruiz has been noted by many to have hands of stone. Dude broke Parkers jaw during sparring. So I think he carries a lot more power than you think clearly since he hurt AJ
                      When was the last time he knocked anyone out apart from his last two fights?

Hands of stone, yet he couldn’t burst the drunken Josh’s face up with all the punches he was throwing.

Josh was already hurt, he just exacerbated it.

Comment

Working...
                      X