Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Battle for Mexico: Prime Margarito vs. Canelo. Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
    1) Making weight would kill Nelo way before Margarito would.
    2 and 3) Margarito's life above ww was a mess.
    Canelo made 147 pretty easily in his early careeer.

Teh Margarito that fought Pacquaio and Cotto was a decent showing of himself, pacquaio is a phenom and Margarito was on his way to stopping cotto in the 2nd if the NYC commission didnt get involved, and both those fights they drained margarito down from the full 154 so that sucked the life out of him. a non damage full 154 margarito I beleive would have been a beast to reckon with.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
      Canelo made 147 pretty easily in his early careeer.

Teh Margarito that fought Pacquaio and Cotto was a decent showing of himself, pacquaio is a phenom and Margarito was on his way to stopping cotto in the 2nd if the NYC commission didnt get involved, and both those fights they drained margarito down from the full 154 so that sucked the life out of him. a non damage full 154 margarito I beleive would have been a beast to reckon with.
      We're talking prime, though. Or is Margarito the only one supposed to be prime

Comment

I would be ok if prime Margarito were to use cement vs PRIME Nelo

He would need all the help he can get.

Comment

We're talking prime, though. Or is Margarito the only one supposed to be prime
          I broke it down teh way I broke it down. Dont care enough about this fake match up to dive deeper.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
            I broke it down teh way I broke it down. Dont care enough about this fake match up to dive deeper.
            That's fair. Neither does the TS. Must have been bored.

Comment

At what weight

I could be wrong but Margarito's life above ww was a complete failure.
              Lmao and people are saying margo would win. Prime version of him was at WW and even then his run to success was suspect. Canelo’s prime appears to be his weight right now at 160lbs. We’ll only know if a fighter hit
              his ceiling when they started to decline

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
                Lmao and people are saying margo would win. Prime version of him was at WW and even then his run to success was suspect. Canelo’s prime appears to be his weight right now at 160lbs. We’ll only know if a fighter hit
                his ceiling when they started to decline
                A lot of broken hearted fools making threads. Must suck.

Comment

Has to be a troll thread!

Canelo would pummel Margacheato, no defense and just comes forward!

To beat Canelo is gonna be a very tough ask due to his uniquely combined experience, talent, skills, and discipline!

Antonio is nowhere near Canelo’s level, 10th round stoppage!

Comment

Canelo at any weight beat Margarito. Canelo would slow the fight down kinda like Mosely and possibly stop him. I really like Margarito but his key to victory was bullying his opponents. If you stand and fight he never had a plan B. Even Clottey was beating him before he decided to go on cruise control and give the fight away.

Comment

Canelo wins by KO. He would make Margarito his personally punching bag. If Margarito had a high level of skill to go with his great spamina and punch output he could beat Canelo in the late rounds but he is a face fighter. Canelo would stop him early. Canelo hits a ton harder than welterweight Mosley and he has that body attack. Bad matchup for Margarito and a mismatch.

Comment

Working...
                      X