No announcement yet.

Playstation Network Questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [PLEASE HELP] Playstation Network Questions

I've until now never had any desire to take my PS3 online. But I've heard that that means I'm missing out etc so I decided to sign up.

Does anyone else feel a bit invaded by the privacy policy (especially the bold)

"2. Your Online ID

When you register a Master or Sub Account, you choose an Online ID. Your Online ID is your public nickname while you are in PSN and is available to all PSN users. Your Online ID will be displayed while you are playing games online or chatting with other users. Other users, such as people whom you meet or play online, can use your Online ID to send you messages or chat. If you accept other users as your "Friends" in PSN, they can check what you are doing within PSN at any time. Your Online ID, "About Me" statement, avatar, language, country and gaming statistics may be displayed in-game or on websites related to the game. Online gameplay may be recorded and distributed outside PSN, including your Online ID and messages to other players.

We recommend that you don't include any information which could be used to identify you in your Online ID or other public statements.
    3. Using PSN

Each time you sign in to PSN, we will collect information automatically without further notice to you, for example:

* your Online ID
    * your IP address and console MAC address (the unique numbers which identify the network and device you are using) and date and time of sign in;
    * information about the hardware you are using and how you have used it, such as model and serial number, parental control settings, photograph and music settings, remote play settings, information about devices connected to the hardware, how many items are stored on the hardware or have been used with the hardware and other related information;
    * how you use PSN, for example, what games you play, what content you browse or download, what services you access and for how long, including how often you use chat, message boards or other communication services;
    * your gamer profile, game matching, uploaded scores and rankings, your Friends and block lists and your appearance on other user's Friends or block lists.

If you buy funds for your PSN wallet or make any other payments via PSN, you must provide your payment details, such as credit card numbers, cardholder name, commencement and expiry date, and security codes, in order to process your payment. Credit card details will be stored for future purchases, unless you remove them from your account via your PSN Account Management area. We will keep a record of your payments into your PSN wallet and the purchases you make via PSN. "

Do they really need all that info on us?

The being able to view your ps3 settings and what you have on your hardrive seems particularly invading to me.

I mean if a guy has illegally obtained movies on there, Sony could see them and bust his ass couldn't they?

Or am I being paranoid?

You put this same thread in the lounge. If you want to see what I said, go there.

Comment

Originally posted by one-Punch View Post
      You put this same thread in the lounge. If you want to see what I said, go there.
      I know I did. Just thought it would get more replies in the section that matches the content.

Will do.

Comment

I work for playstation and I can tell you that they dont check any of that **** like what you have or what your browsing or what you have on your system. The most they can do to you is just ban your acct or your console but I've never seen that done for some illegal **** or something like that. you'll be cool.

Comment

It's standard info they gather to improve their service or to use as evidence if you do anything illegal.

Comment

Working...
          X