No announcement yet.

Anderson Silva vs Stephan Bonnar: Ufc 153 Tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
    cmon now fedor best wins were cro cop big nog and coleman, the rest of his opponents were past prime or coming of losses

while silva beat franklin forrest sonnen vitor hendo etc .... and a bunch of number one contenders like okami who at the time were highly regarded and coming of win streaks
    He also beat Sylvia and Arlovski when they were still good. And I bet if Fedor had some wins in the UFC, you guys would all be saying he was the best as well. I'm sick of people crapping on Fedor's legacy just because he never signed with the UFC. Forrest was never top or elite level at anything, Vitor was past prime as well. So Silva didn't exactly beat everyone in their prime either. While Fedor has, let's see, like you said Crocop, Big Nog, Coleman (twice), also Kevin Randleman, Tim Sylvia, Andrei Arlovski, Heath Herring, a heavyweight contender, former Pancrase and K-1 champion Semmy Schilt, Babalu, a Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Champion and former Pancrase Super Heavyweight Champion Tsuyoshi Kosaka.

Look, Silva is an all-time great, no doubt. I'm just saying Fedor is better. He has a little better resume still currently, but if Silva continues winning, he'll surpass Fedor IMO.

Whoever you think is better though, there's no way that Fedor beat mostly cans in his career like some here have claimed.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post

what was the point of this fight, again? what does it do for silva? besides fill his pockets, haha.
      He said he wanted to save the event

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
        HAHAHA

Best fighter on the planet
        If not him then who else?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          He also beat Sylvia and Arlovski when they were still good. And I bet if Fedor had some wins in the UFC, you guys would all be saying he was the best as well. I'm sick of people crapping on Fedor's legacy just because he never signed with the UFC. Forrest was never top or elite level at anything, Vitor was past prime as well. So Silva didn't exactly beat everyone in their prime either. While Fedor has, let's see, like you said Crocop, Big Nog, Coleman (twice), also Kevin Randleman, Tim Sylvia, Andrei Arlovski, Heath Herring, a heavyweight contender, former Pancrase and K-1 champion Semmy Schilt, Babalu, a Strikeforce Light Heavyweight Champion and former Pancrase Super Heavyweight Champion Tsuyoshi Kosaka.

Look, Silva is an all-time great, no doubt. I'm just saying Fedor is better. He has a little better resume still currently, but if Silva continues winning, he'll surpass Fedor IMO.

Whoever you think is better though, there's no way that Fedor beat mostly cans in his career like some here have claimed.
          Really pathetic that you're bringing up Fedor to discredit Anderson right when he just won. Anderson has more top 10 wins and title defenses, began fighting before fedor, and is still fighting after fedor etc. Fedor fanboys need to deal with it, he lost his spot since 2010. I know they're going through traumatic times right now but hey, they had their time.

Comment

I didn't discredit Silva. I said he's an all-time great. I gave and give him his props and am a fan of his. I was responding to Fedor being discredited and disrespected.

After he just won? Yeah, against Stephan Bonnar, a guy everyone here said before that he would easily beat, which he did, not even a ranked contender.

I was just responding to a guy that said that Fedor beat mostly tomato cans, which is complete BS. The guy has an all-time great resume and anyone that knows the history of this sports knows that.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
              I didn't discredit Silva. I said he's an all-time great. I gave and give him his props and am a fan of his. I was responding to Fedor being discredited and disrespected.

After he just won? Yeah, against Stephan Bonnar, a guy everyone here said before that he would easily beat, which he did, not even a ranked contender.

I was just responding to a guy that said that Fedor beat mostly tomato cans, which is complete BS. The guy has an all-time great resume and anyone that knows the history of this sports knows that.
              I just checked and nobody even mentioned Fedor before you did and you didn't quote anybody.

You know, I could have hijacked Fedor's threads too by talking about Anderson every time but it's a stupid ass thing to do. It should be in specific threads, and I'd easily make the argument that Anderson is better(he already surpassed him 2 years ago, right now he just keeps adding greatness to his legacy)

Comment

It was in the Batista thread, where elgranluchadore said

"good luck to batista i hope they feed him more bums than fedor"

I'm sick of hearing that. He didn't fight mostly bums or cans. And how is it stupid to simply disagree with something someone posts, that's all I did. I didn't hijack this thread or discredit Silva, as you claim.

Someone here called Silva the best of all time and I disagreed. Nobody's trying to discredit anyone or hijack anything. Sorry if that's what you thought, that was not my intent.

Comment

that was some scary stuff by silva, i never thought i would see bonnar cringing in fear like tonight

Comment

Against Silva, that doesn't surprise me too much.

Comment

Originally posted by elgranluchadore View Post
                      that was some scary stuff by silva, i never thought i would see bonnar cringing in fear like tonight
                      Yeah he was afraid to throw a 1-2 combo like Mayweather did when Ortiz dropped his hands.

Comment

Working...
                      X