Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kovalev won that fight, he's the P4P king

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched 11th. Ward. I can see how if ward wins 12th he wins. That said, I agree that I agree that kov was ahead. Maybe not as comfortable as you, but ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
      jim was up to his old tricks saying kov. Lands another and another but what I saw was Ward grinding on the inside plus landing some good left hooks with body shots all night and kov doing a lot of holding. Max and Roy were more fair in commentating than ol jimmy. Ward won this fight and the rematch should be even better. Kov. Is a bit underrated in his boxing skills though, he's good at keeping a distance and coming in with that right hand. Rematch PPV again.
      I disagree. I thought Lampley was more spot on than those two.

Ward was being gifted rounds by merely surviving, IMHO, but Kovalev was the one doing the cleaner, more effective work. Ward had some nice body shots, but once again, without those, what else could you possibly say about what he was doing? There's nothing else really, and if you pay close attention to those rounds Ward landed some body shots, Kovalev came back with body shots also but followed up with more work to the head.

Comment

Agree with j.razor, lampley is saying shots are landing that I don't see.

Comment

Kovalev did the most damage by far, he staggered and hurt Ward several times and brutally knocked him down. He outlanded him in the fight and was more active. He was the stronger man in the clinch and pushed the action the whole time. Ward didn't do nearly enough to beat the champ and certainly not one of such magnitude. This did prove to me that Kovalev is the #1 boxer in the world which I already knew before this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
            Did you rewatch? I think if you rewatch you'll see it more clearly for Kovalev, IMHO.

Ward landed some body shots, but Kovalev negated those body shots with his own body shots, and then did more by landing more and harder jabs, and being the only won throwing more then one punch at a time (and landing). The thing is that Wards body shots- that's basically all he had, you can't ignore the rest of the round because Max ****in Kellerman cant' stop talking about Wards body shots.

I legitimately don't think Andre Ward landed a single combination in the fight. Maybe one or two. Kovalev was first to throw and land, he landed more often, and harder... No not as an accumulation, but round by round, at least 7 rounds went exactly like this and there would have had to of been something spectacular by Ward to steal the round- and it never happened. Yet he still got those rounds.

If that's not the definition of a robbery, what is? Those fat, lazy, crusty ass ****ing judges did not even judge this ****, they saw that some rounds were "close" and just gave it to Ward. Disgusting.

Dude you know that if this fight was anywhere in the world, Kovalev wins this. UK, Russia, Germany, etc.... Kovalev would of gotten the victory, but the difference is, it wouldn't of been called a robbery, it would of been a clear victory for Kovalev if people weren't blinded by these terrible scorecards. IMHO.
            Main Events was the lead promoter and has the right to object to the officials. No excuses.

Comment

Except he's not.

Comment

Originally posted by King_ View Post
                Honest to goodness, I'm not even being biased. I legitimately thought Kovalev was winning comfortable, although competitive, but comfortably. I was giving Ward props for coming back and showing heart, etc, and then I heard "114-113," and I knew it was coming.

How can they say Ward was winning? You've seen Andre Ward before bro, and that was not the same type of rhythm he carries with him in his other fights, he was fighting Kovalevs fight bro and he broke through "survival mode" to land some nice body shots in the later round, but Kovalev landed maybe the same amount of body shots, and then some.

It's like Ward got gifted "sympathy rounds" just for hanging in there and showing guts, but that's not how boxing should be judged
                Just finished. It comes down to who you have winning 4, 10 and 12. I can see a case for each guy winning each round.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Just watched 11th. Ward. I can see how if ward wins 12th he wins. That said, I agree that I agree that kov was ahead. Maybe not as comfortable as you, but ahead.
                  This one's gonna be tough for me to get over, but I guess Kovalev has to make it a priority to try and get him out of there next time. As a Kovalev fan, I just wish he looked for it more last night, to avoid judges, but like I said, I don't think Ward did enough and Kovalev should of won. But what can I do now? It's over

But it shouldn't have to be like that, obviously. I think every boxer should get a fair shake on a decision.

Comment

Kovalev fans have every right to feel this way today. I don't think he was robbed, but I had him ahead. And he had the better case for winning IMO.

Comment

Watched it twice now, I think it 114-113 either way is probably about right. It was honestly just one of those fights with a plethora of close rounds. Only 3 or 4 rounds won decisively by either guy.

I gave Ward rounds 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12.

Kovalev rounds 1, 2, 4, 6, 10.

Rounds 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, and 12 were particularly close.

When you have that many close rounds - how can you say for sure either way. You can have an opinion, but there is no right or wrong answer here because scoring is so subjective.

Comment

Working...
                      X