Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any tips on how I can practice my bob & weave?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any tips on how I can practice my bob & weave?

I am trying to get better at my bob & weave but since I don't have someone to actually sit here and throw punches at me I was wondering if anyone has any techniques they use to practice this? I almost wish they made some sort of a robot that threw punches at you that you could practice on.

The only thing that comes to mind would be to just make the movements and pretend someone is punching me but I figured I'd ask just to see if any of you guys might have some other methods I don't know about.

Practice head movement while doing heavy bag work. Move your head around when you throw jabs, when you throw hooks tuck it under your shoulder.

Then get a sparring partner.

Comment

I amazed this thread didn't get more responses.

Comment

Me too... Anyone else who might have some other methods is welcome to chime in.

I've seen things in movies where they set up a rope going from one end of the room to the other and you have to bob and weave each time with your head ending up on the other side of the rope...

Comment

I used a tennis ball on the ceiling to work my movement at times. This is me for example:

Also use a slip bag,that works even better. Do it when shadow boxing also. When you're working the mitts tell the person doing the mitts that you wanna work on slipping punches and for him to throw them at you.

Also on the bag after you throw a single punch weave. Also when you're finishing a combo bob and weave so you get used to the motion and its muscle memory.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSATILE2K7 View Post
            I used a tennis ball on the ceiling to work my movement at times. This is me for example:

Also use a slip bag,that works even better. Do it when shadow boxing also. When you're working the mitts tell the person doing the mitts that you wanna work on slipping punches and for him to throw them at you.

Also on the bag after you throw a single punch weave. Also when you're finishing a combo bob and weave so you get used to the motion and its muscle memory.
            Thanks man! This was a VERY helpful post as was that video! I thank you very much!

Comment

Tie a rope between too objects thats at about chest height and work on bobbing and weaving going under it from side to side

Comment

Working...
              X