Collapse
No announcement yet.

***The TRUTH About Wlad v. Tony***

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fighters dont quit, they get their will beaten out of them.

Comment

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
      I've never understood the scoring criteria where power isn't factored into landed shots.

Sure, the harder puncher shouldn't always win, but a Mayorga haymaker should be scored more favorably than a Spinks straight left.

The Klitschko right should be (and was) scored more favorably than a Tony Thompson "power punch" which is basically just intended to make small amounts of contact.
      if you have such power in your punches then you should stop your opponent and not go to the cards...

the fact that tony was outpunching wlad...out landing wlad and apparently landing at a HIGHER PERCENTAGE should be taken into consideration...

wlad landed the hard shots but tony landed more punches...more often; etc.

Comment

What changed midway in this fight is Thompson was being hurt and weakened more and more by the accumulation of hard punches by Wlad.

Give Thompson credit, many other fighters would have been knocked out earlier.

But I notice Wlad is starting to decline a bit. He wasn't moving around as effortlessly as he did against Brock, Byrd, and Austin.

Comment

I scored the first round even and the rest to Klitschko. Somthing happened to Thompson after R2 and he just stopped throwing leather, he was crabbed up behind his guard and not really letting go. Yes he walked forward a lot but didn't ever dominate, even when he had short spells of success on the counter. Something broke inside him, he gave up in R9 and from then on I thought he was only interested in finding a way out. The KO loooked dubious to me, I've rewatched it several times in slow motion, he took a hit, but then paused and threw himself down. Something just didn't seem right about it.

Comment

Originally posted by GodOfWarII View Post
            I think some jack ass is going to give you red karma for having an opinion. Probably someone named Scott who is a known ****** on this forum. He's also known to **** prostitutes and smoke crack.

I ****ed your sister in her fat ass, but she was the one who was smoking crack, not me. And I didn't give you any red karma, but I'll make a point of doing it now douchebag.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
              I ****ed your sister in her fat ass, but she was the one who was smoking crack, not me. And I didn't give you any red karma, but I'll make a point of doing it now douchebag.
              OOOOOO... HUGE RIGHT HAND!

Comment

Originally posted by The_Italian View Post
                probably...but its my opinion that you couldnt honestly say tony only won one of the rounds (like harold lederman had it)...i thought he was nuts.

I mean tony out punched wlad...out landed wlad...and obviously did it at a higher percentage...

i dont care if every punch wasnt a haymaker intended to knock wlad out...he did his job and was outboxing him early on...

wlad landed less shots; sure they were harder punches but thats not what boxing is...

boxing isn't, "whoever hits harder should win"...

i dont like or hate either boxer...so i dont think my opinion is biased...im just telling it as i saw it.
                You fight some big heavyweight and then tell me you would rather get hit with a small amount of big punches rather that a lot of weak punches.

Wlad probably found out early that Tony's punches were weak and decided to take more of Tony's punches so he can land one big one. It wouldnt be the first time its happened.

Comment

****in **** fight.

bring back Lewis... vlad is robatic and ****. i can not watch him fight again! i said that after the last fight tho.

David Haye would have had a great chance of taking out Vlad tonight in this ****ty fight. robotic ruskie and a lazy yank.

Comment

Originally posted by ATFsven View Post
                    ****in **** fight.

bring back Lewis... vlad is robatic and ****. i can not watch him fight again! i said that after the last fight tho.

David Haye would have had a great chance of taking out Vlad tonight in this ****ty fight. robotic ruskie and a lazy yank.

When you're feeling nostalgic, put in a tape of Lewis' fights against Tua or Mavrovic. Todays fight was a thriller compared to those.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Italian View Post
                      probably...but its my opinion that you couldnt honestly say tony only won one of the rounds (like harold lederman had it)...i thought he was nuts.

I mean tony out punched wlad...out landed wlad...and obviously did it at a higher percentage...

i dont care if every punch wasnt a haymaker intended to knock wlad out...he did his job and was outboxing him early on...

wlad landed less shots; sure they were harder punches but thats not what boxing is...

boxing isn't, "whoever hits harder should win"...

i dont like or hate either boxer...so i dont think my opinion is biased...im just telling it as i saw it.
                      come on man Wlad dominated the fight from round 2 till the knock out.

Comment

Working...
                      X