No announcement yet.

SHOWTIME Abril-Bogere + Undercard, RBR and Discussion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by streetwaves View Post
    Even though it wasn't the biggest fight, this decision makes me at least a little optimistic about boxing. At least they didn't rob this dude again.

Honestly, Bogere won a a few early rounds but he was flailing wildly and looked mostly garbage and dirty for the duration. Abril kept his composure somehow.
    Commentators were trying to make an argument for Bogere but let's be real here, that was all unsuccessful aggression. Maybe not all of it but for the most part it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Abril is very slick and highly skilled when he actually throws punches. Defensively he's flawless, but offensively he needs to be busier because when he decided to throw he looked really good.

Broner vs Abril is the best fight that can happen at 135. Vazquez, Burns, Abril are 2A, 2B, and 2C at LW. After Burns-Vazquez that will eliminate one of them and it will be down to Broner vs Abril and the winner of Burns-Vazquez.

I def want to see how Broner will fight a tall, slick, accurate counterpuncher like Abril.
      Agreed. I hope Burns continues to duck and Broner vs. Abril gets signed for June 15th.

Comment

• I think the points shouldve been taken off at the same time and earlier than the 8th round.

Comment

• I still think that fighters like Abril or Vazquez can beat Broner. Sure, Broner has more power, but power won't matter if he can't land clean punches.

I think Broner could be favorite, but I won't say that he's going to decapitate any of them. Abril is very tall, slick, and a counter puncher. Broner has been looking good against go forward fighters like Rees, DeMarco, Escobedo ... We still haven't seen him against a slick counter puncher.

Styles make fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Abril is very slick and highly skilled when he actually throws punches. Defensively he's flawless, but offensively he needs to be busier because when he decided to throw he looked really good.

Broner vs Abril is the best fight that can happen at 135. Vazquez, Burns, Abril are 2A, 2B, and 2C at LW. After Burns-Vazquez that will eliminate one of them and it will be down to Broner vs Abril and the winner of Burns-Vazquez.

I def want to see how Broner will fight a tall, slick, accurate counterpuncher like Abril.
            He absolutely is not flawless defensively.

He makes some very basic errors defensively at times.

Comment

• BTW Bogere sucks.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
                I still want to see it. I think Bogere's dirty tactics took him off his game tonight.
                Me too. I don't think it's an automatic Broner victory even-though I would pick him to win.

Comment

• I'm so glad they gave the correct man the win. If they had ripped him off, I'd have a hard time enjoying any match after that.

Comment

• I think Vazquez beats Broner. Abril is a much closer fight tho maybe 50/50.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1PunchKOPOW! View Post
                      Broner is the new Floyd, he doesn't lose any fantasy fights. Trust me, people don't think of styles.
                      Good point. 90% of people don't consider styles at all. Richard Abril is an awkward and slick technician. He's smart in the ring, and he keeps his composure. Obviously Broner has the advantage in handspeed and power, but Abril's a smart enough fighter that he could negate that.

Comment

Working...
                      X